Callback Thank You Etiquette

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Thank You Etiquette

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:12 pm

I have a question about thank you letter etiquette for callback interviews.

Is it appropriate to write thank you's to partners who were not on your formal interview schedule, but with whom you conversed for 5-10 minutes between interviews? Does it matter if you had already met that person at a firm event previously and knew that he/she was on the hiring committee?

Edit: I should mention that I'd be thanking her because of some actually helpful advice.

luthersloan

Re: Callback Thank You Etiquette

Postby luthersloan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:21 pm

at most you should thank only one person. It is probably better not to write notes to anyone, at least if you are in a major market, as it is only likely to hurt you.

Anonymous User

Re: Callback Thank You Etiquette

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:26 pm

luthersloan wrote:at most you should thank only one person. It is probably better not to write notes to anyone, at least if you are in a major market, as it is only likely to hurt you.

This. Unless you are in the South, where these things matter, don't bother at all, or send one at most.

Return to “Legal Employment”