post offer visits Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

post offer visits

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:37 pm

I have a few offers on the table and many have suggested to me that I visit the firms again. I have been told to call the recruitment coordinator to ask about this, but what should I ask for? I would really prefer something informal, a coffee or something. Although it was nice to get the callback lunches, and although I know I am interviewing them at this point, and shouldn't feel any pressure... I just don't want to put myself through that again. Can I request an informal coffee?

Or might it be better just to ask previous SA's how their summers went? I am so ready for this OCI thing to be over and have the job thing settled... but it is such an important decision that I don't want to make it hastily or foolishly.

Anonymous User

Re: post offer visits

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a few offers on the table and many have suggested to me that I visit the firms again. I have been told to call the recruitment coordinator to ask about this, but what should I ask for? I would really prefer something informal, a coffee or something. Although it was nice to get the callback lunches, and although I know I am interviewing them at this point, and shouldn't feel any pressure... I just don't want to put myself through that again. Can I request an informal coffee?

Or might it be better just to ask previous SA's how their summers went? I am so ready for this OCI thing to be over and have the job thing settled... but it is such an important decision that I don't want to make it hastily or foolishly.
My general tactic has been to be somewhat specific in your request. Say, for example, that you want to meet a few more junior associates from the litigation department, and would love to meet them for a quick coffee, etc. The recruiter should be more than happy to set that up for you.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”