Paul Hastings DC v. Quinn Emanuel LA for IP

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Paul Hastings DC v. Quinn Emanuel LA for IP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:31 pm

I'd much rather be in DC. My fiance lives there and his career isn't really mobile to the West Coast.

I've also heard Quinn treats their associates like shit, and you'll never have a weekend off. Paul Hastings though has a worse of a reputation, though I'm not sure how it applies in DC.

Long term I want to settle in either DC or Chicago.

I'm also not the hardest worker. I'm not sure if I can handle work all the time, like Quinn apparently demands. I think the pace of DC big law might be preferable.

Will there be a significant difference in exit options?

jerjon2

Re: Paul Hastings DC v. Quinn Emanuel LA for IP

Postby jerjon2 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'd much rather be in DC. My fiance lives there and his career isn't really mobile to the West Coast.

I've also heard Quinn treats their associates like shit, and you'll never have a weekend off. Paul Hastings though has a worse of a reputation, though I'm not sure how it applies in DC.

Long term I want to settle in either DC or Chicago.

I'm also not the hardest worker. I'm not sure if I can handle work all the time, like Quinn apparently demands. I think the pace of DC big law might be preferable.

Will there be a significant difference in exit options?

Please PM me for some specific insight.

Return to “Legal Employment”