Interning as an Undergrad Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jared6180

Bronze

Interning as an Undergrad

Post by jared6180 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:07 am

I live in Topeka, KS, state capitol, but not much to offer in the way of law firms, almost all are firms of 3 attorneys or less. My question is, how should I go about seeking an intern type position while I am still in my undergrad? Any tricks? Cold Call? Mail list? Walk-in to each firm?

Thank You

reasonable_man

Gold

Re: Interning as an Undergrad

Post by reasonable_man » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:48 am

jared6180 wrote:I live in Topeka, KS, state capitol, but not much to offer in the way of law firms, almost all are firms of 3 attorneys or less. My question is, how should I go about seeking an intern type position while I am still in my undergrad? Any tricks? Cold Call? Mail list? Walk-in to each firm?

Thank You

Are any of the firms looking for interns on your school's simplicity (or similar job board)? I found a great job back in undergrad working for a largeish firm in NY that opened up doors for me down the line... Its a great way to meet some people and decide if being a lawyer is actually something you want to do. Try the job boards. If you strike out there, you might want to try cold-mailing or e-mailing.. Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”