if i want to be in PA, start at munger or sidley LA?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

if i want to be in PA, start at munger or sidley LA?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Both firms seem like good places to work. I'm starting my career in Los Angeles, but I want to end up in Palo Alto in 3 years or so.

Sidley has a really solid LA office and an office in Palo Alto (~25 people), but Munger is Munger... At which Los Angeles office would it be better to start?

Anonymous User

Re: if i want to be in PA, start at munger or sidley LA?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Munger. You could probably lateral to Sidley's PA office from there, or any other PA office. Unless you want to stay at the same firm after 3 years.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Munger. You could probably lateral to Sidley's PA office from there, or any other PA office. Unless you want to stay at the same firm after 3 years.

OP here.... do you think Munger is known in the SV area?

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:37 pm

I'd take Munger for the 1/1 partner/associate ratio and prestige. If you do well there, I don't think jumping to any PA firm you want in 3 years will be too difficult.

Return to “Legal Employment”