Associate Salaries

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Associate Salaries

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:16 pm

I am a 3L and recently accepted an associate position for after graduation with a base salary of $100,000. It is a mid-size firm (about 30 attorneys) and is in an equally mid-sized city. It is fairly well established in town and, considering its size, is relatively competitive with the bigger firms due to its solid reputation. They hire through OCI and the summer associate salaries (and starting associate salaries) are pretty competitive with the big firms in town. I know that all firms and markets are different, but I'm wondering if there is any way to gauge how associate salaries increase (or not) over the first several years of employment. Do associates expect their base salary to rise, or is an increase in pay based mostly on bonuses? Any insight is appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: Associate Salaries

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Im curious about this as well, but my question pertains to satellite offices of large firms. The starting salaries are a bit lower than in the headquarters office in a major market, but I have no clue at what rate these salaries increase. Is it all variable?

Return to “Legal Employment”