3L NYC Corporate Hiring

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L NYC Corporate Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:41 pm

I've noticed via my symplicity (and from posts on this site) listing at my school that the big time corporate NYC practices are hiring 3Ls. Is this a normal occurrence? And which of the big time corporate firms are hiring 3Ls right now? When they are hiring 3Ls do they look at 2L grades as being just as important as 1L grades? And do they put a lot of emphasis on what you did 2L summer? Are they mainly looking for people who worked at a firm 2L summer and just want to trade up, or are they recruiting those who missed out on the 2L summer firm boat as well? Thanks! FWIW what sort of stats do most MVPB hires at STB, Skadden, and DPW have? Are we talking mandatory top 10 percent unless URM? Maybe a little more lax for Penn?

Anonymous User

Re: 3L NYC Corporate Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 am

Nobody? Do these firms come to OCI's open to interviewing 3Ls?

Renzo

Re: 3L NYC Corporate Hiring

Postby Renzo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:42 am

Some of the largest NYC firms were conservative and under-hired last year, so they have been hiring 3Ls because the corporate work has been a bit more steady than was feared. Generally, if you weren't competitive as a 2L, you won't be as a 3L, but never hurts to give it a shot.

Return to “Legal Employment”