Mass Mailing Philly Firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
newyorker88

Mass Mailing Philly Firms

Postby newyorker88 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:36 am

I'm about to start reaching out to PA firms. I'm just curious as to how "late" I am. Does anyone know when Temple's OCI is or when PA firms generally start screeners and callbacks? Thanks.

Wholigan

Re: Mass Mailing Philly Firms

Postby Wholigan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:09 am

newyorker88 wrote:I'm about to start reaching out to PA firms. I'm just curious as to how "late" I am.

If you are talking about NLJ250 firms, quite late. What is your school range/stats?

newyorker88 wrote:Does anyone know when Temple's OCI is

It was the week of August 22.

newyorker88 wrote:or when PA firms generally start screeners and callbacks?

Again, if you are talking about large firms, almost every firm has already finished screening, save for maybe a stray job fair or two. Most have started callbacks (and if they haven't, have them scheduled and are starting this week), and some have made offers.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:12 am

It's probably too late for big firms, callbacks are going on and the first round of offers should be out by the end of the upcoming week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:18 am

Its definitely on the later end for the largest firms (i.e. Morgan Lewis, Dechert, etc.), but its still worth a try. Even firms like Ballard and Duane Morris have been doing interviews for weeks now. You will likely have much more luck with smaller firms, who don't work on the highly expedited schedules of larger firms. So I would go for it across the board, but don't expect too much from larger firms at this point.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:20 am

Way too late for the largest 10 or so firms. My advice would be to hit up "mid-major" firms: Klehr Harrison, Weber Gallagher, Obermayer Rebman, Dilworth Paxson, White and Williams, et al.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks for all the info guys.

Return to “Legal Employment”