Photo at CB?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jennjd

Photo at CB?

Postby jennjd » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Anyone have the firm take a photo of you at the CB? I thought this was really strange...unless they are doing TONS of CBs and have no other way of remembering who you are, which is obviously not good. Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Photo at CB?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:01 pm

At one place, the building security snapped a low-quality photo to print on my visitor badge. But I think it's weird for the firm to hold onto a photo.

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:03 pm

They'll need it eventually for the newsletter. Could be they are just taking them all so they are consistent. Either way, it doesn't really effect what your job on the callback is.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:At one place, the building security snapped a low-quality photo to print on my visitor badge. But I think it's weird for the firm to hold onto a photo.

+1

I think Cahill's building security does this. Have been on a few other callbacks and haven't had a repeat.

jennjd

Postby jennjd » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:01 pm

This was taken by the recruiting coordinator, not security. I guess it makes sense that they could take everyoone's for the newsletter, just in case. Still seemed a little odd to me for an interview!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:46 pm

jennjd wrote:This was taken by the recruiting coordinator, not security. I guess it makes sense that they could take everyoone's for the newsletter, just in case. Still seemed a little odd to me for an interview!

I had this at one interview with a small regional firm and it struck me as incredibly creepy. Also, if the interviewer is treating the interviews as cookie-cutter transactions to the point he needs photos to remind him why he liked a person, I'm not sure he's putting in enough effort to get to know the person or their capabilities.

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
jennjd wrote:This was taken by the recruiting coordinator, not security. I guess it makes sense that they could take everyoone's for the newsletter, just in case. Still seemed a little odd to me for an interview!

I had this at one interview with a small regional firm and it struck me as incredibly creepy. Also, if the interviewer is treating the interviews as cookie-cutter transactions to the point he needs photos to remind him why he liked a person, I'm not sure he's putting in enough effort to get to know the person or their capabilities.

Or maybe they are just better with faces than with names, just like everyone else. :roll:

You guys are pretty paranoid...

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Bosque wrote:Or maybe they are just better with faces than with names, just like everyone else. :roll:

+1

If it's a choice between "having your picture taken" and "having the guy deciding your fate not remember who you are", it's a lot better to take the picture.

mattattack911

Postby mattattack911 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Maybe the firms prefer to have good-looking summer associates so they can win the advertising war. Some colleges do this in their application process.

Return to “Legal Employment”