Connecticut firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Brassica7
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Brassica7 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 pm

I was surprised by how selective the OCI firms were at UConn--I had a harder time getting interviews on campus than in Boston. I guess I'll find out if I have any more tomorrow after the second week of interview invites gets posted.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Brassica7 wrote:I was surprised by how selective the OCI firms were at UConn--I had a harder time getting interviews on campus than in Boston. I guess I'll find out if I have any more tomorrow after the second week of interview invites gets posted.


Me too! Best of luck to you.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Any news?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
YourCaptain wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Mass mail ding from Updike Kelly.


Same; I have no clue what they're looking for, unless they're only hiring the #1 kid out of UConn


UConn top 10% here. They're coming to OCI but they didn't give me a screener...


Rejected from them as well. They were very quick.

gemma232
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:52 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby gemma232 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:55 am

Brassica7 wrote:I was surprised by how selective the OCI firms were at UConn--I had a harder time getting interviews on campus than in Boston. I guess I'll find out if I have any more tomorrow after the second week of interview invites gets posted.


stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:12 pm

any post-cb movement from wiggin?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:12 pm

...

Brassica7
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Brassica7 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:16 am

gemma232 wrote:
Brassica7 wrote:I was surprised by how selective the OCI firms were at UConn--I had a harder time getting interviews on campus than in Boston. I guess I'll find out if I have any more tomorrow after the second week of interview invites gets posted.


stats?


Top 15% with LR. I did better than I thought I would in Boston. Based on that, and the fact that I didn't have LR on my resume in time for the Boston apps, I was hoping for more on campus interviews. I am getting screeners from a little under half the firms. The fact that I am from MA may have helped me in Boston and may hurt some with the CT firms...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:30 am

Just FYI guys, it will be a big week starting monday for you all, good luck.

User avatar
Heartford
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Heartford » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just FYI guys, it will be a big week starting monday for you all, good luck.


How so?

User avatar
YourCaptain
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby YourCaptain » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:48 am

Heartford wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just FYI guys, it will be a big week starting monday for you all, good luck.


How so?


Didn't mean to initially post anonymously, can pm me for info.

User avatar
Heartford
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Heartford » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:53 am

YourCaptain wrote:
Heartford wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just FYI guys, it will be a big week starting monday for you all, good luck.


How so?


Didn't mean to initially post anonymously, can pm me for info.


PMed.

Brassica7
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Brassica7 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Heartford wrote:
YourCaptain wrote:
Heartford wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just FYI guys, it will be a big week starting monday for you all, good luck.


How so?


Didn't mean to initially post anonymously, can pm me for info.


PMed.


Times two.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Anyone go on a Shipman CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone go on a Shipman CB?


this week or in general?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:32 pm

This thread is funny because there are so few of us (compared to the masses of people competing for spots at Skadden or Cravath, etc.) that it sort of doesn't make sense for us to help each other with information.

That said, anyone from UConn willing to anonymously announce where they're getting callbacks? (I will post them on here when/if I get any.)

memo2partner
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby memo2partner » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Updike ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:17 pm

I know of at least two Wiggin CBs from last week's interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know of at least two Wiggin CBs from last week's interviews.


Helpful to know. Anybody from UConn hear anything from Day Pitney, Shipman, or Murtha?

Also,

memo2partner wrote:Updike ding


This is after an OCI interview at UConn? Or are you somewhere else?

Brassica7
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Brassica7 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:19 pm

I got a call back from Day Pitney, but have not heard anything from Shipman. I didn't get a screener from Murtha.

User avatar
Heartford
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Heartford » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Brassica7 wrote:I got a call back from Day Pitney, but have not heard anything from Shipman. I didn't get a screener from Murtha.


Congrats on the DP callback! When did you hear?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:38 pm

CT firms are rough this year. Withers Bergman cancelled their summer program, Pullman Comely only taking 2.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:26 am

Anyone know if Shipman has done any 3L callbacks yet?

User avatar
Heartford
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby Heartford » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:CT firms are rough this year. Withers Bergman cancelled their summer program, Pullman Comely only taking 2.


Are we sure that Withers cancelled their program entirely? I know they pulled out of UConn OCI but NALP directory says they are looking for 6 2Ls this year, and anon reports on this thread indicate that they've been dinging people but not informing anyone that they aren't taking SA's, right?

User avatar
YourCaptain
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Connecticut firms?

Postby YourCaptain » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:02 am

Heartford wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CT firms are rough this year. Withers Bergman cancelled their summer program, Pullman Comely only taking 2.


Are we sure that Withers cancelled their program entirely? I know they pulled out of UConn OCI but NALP directory says they are looking for 6 2Ls this year, and anon reports on this thread indicate that they've been dinging people but not informing anyone that they aren't taking SA's, right?


6 SAs from Yale obviously!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.