Stupid question but... luggage?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Stupid question but... luggage?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 pm

So I have CBs next Wed/Thurs in NY. I'll be getting into town on the train about an hour and a half before my first CB. I'm staying over that night obviously but wtf do I do with my luggage if I'm getting into town before check-in?

I feel dumb even asking this question but there it is

Anonymous User

Re: Stupid question but... luggage?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I have CBs next Wed/Thurs in NY. I'll be getting into town on the train about an hour and a half before my first CB. I'm staying over that night obviously but wtf do I do with my luggage if I'm getting into town before check-in?

Hotels allow you to check luggage with them at the desk or bellstand before your check in time. Just go to your hotel first, check your stuff, and head to interview from there. When you get back, just grab your bags, check in, and you will be set.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Call the hotel and ask if they will hold the luggage until you check in. 99% certain they will say yes; if they're in the 1%, switch to another hotel.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:46 pm

OP here -- will they likely do the same thing at check out too? Going to the CB Thursday morning and then leaving Thursday afternoon

SA1928

Postby SA1928 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Most hotels will hold bags at check-out also...just call your hotel and check.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here -- will they likely do the same thing at check out too? Going to the CB Thursday morning and then leaving Thursday afternoon

Yes. You can check stuff afterward as well. And remember to tip the bellman (I used to be one, and tips are def appreciated)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:40 pm

If you don't feel like going to the hotel first or if it would be difficult (you get into penn station, interview is in midtown, but hotel is near day 2 firm in financial dist), you can just take the suitcase to the interview and ask the receptionist if there is a place you can leave it. Every office I've ever been in has a coat closet and it isn't a weird move at all.

Leaving it at the hotel also works though.

terribleperson

Postby terribleperson » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:50 pm

I just brought my suitcase to the firm. They will all, 100%, have a closet you can put it in for the duration of the call-back. Just ask when you check in at reception.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Thankfully the hotel is between Penn Station and Firm #1 (sort of), so I guess we'll see whether Amtrak is on time/how late it is before I make the decision to stop at the hotel first or go straight to the firm.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I have CBs next Wed/Thurs in NY. I'll be getting into town on the train about an hour and a half before my first CB. I'm staying over that night obviously but wtf do I do with my luggage if I'm getting into town before check-in?

Some hotels allow early check-in as well (earliest i've checked in is noon)

Return to “Legal Employment”