No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Jumping off this bastard.

Got an offer yesterday...five weeks after the CB. I thought for sure it was over. V40.

Hang in there everyone and do not give up. Good luck all!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just got an offer today about 5.5 weeks after cb. Don't give up hope!!
Congrats and thanks for giving me hope! Mind sharing what market?
NYC. I think there will be a lot of movement as people decline offers!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:12 am

Off boat; offer today! CB over a week ago.

Midwestern T25, IP, Slightly above median, NLJ250 firm (not Vault) in LA. Ties to LA.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:NLJ250 firm (not Vault) in LA. Ties to LA.
That's great! The LA market is one tough nut to crack.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:NLJ250 firm (not Vault) in LA. Ties to LA.
That's great! The LA market is one tough nut to crack.
Tell me about it. I lived there for 8 years, and every interviewer kept asking me if I was serious about returning to LA. If there's one thing I've learned through this process, it's that the whole "regional ties" thing is not overblown. As a matter of fact, it's a much, much bigger deal than I expected. I lived in SoCal, and NorCal firms kept asking me about why I wanted to live there. I have immediate family in several markets, and it never seemed good enough.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:32 am

Off this ship and pretty drunk. Luck everyone. FWIW several firms have basically put me on some form of "hold." I think everyone has been cautious about over-hiring and there will be opportunities still for people who are willing to stay on their grind.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Off this ship and pretty drunk. Luck everyone. FWIW several firms have basically put me on some form of "hold." I think everyone has been cautious about over-hiring and there will be opportunities still for people who are willing to stay on their grind.
I think so too, the only problem is that we're fast approaching November and if we keep on the grind we will fail our classes. Anyway, a huge congratulations to you. I gotta imagine it feels fuckin great.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Off this ship and pretty drunk. Luck everyone. FWIW several firms have basically put me on some form of "hold." I think everyone has been cautious about over-hiring and there will be opportunities still for people who are willing to stay on their grind.
I think so too, the only problem is that we're fast approaching November and if we keep on the grind we will fail our classes. Anyway, a huge congratulations to you. I gotta imagine it feels fuckin great.
Know the feeling. Screw the classes. There's plenty of time before finals, and those classes don't mean jack. Law school is all for naught without that job.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Know the feeling. Screw the classes. There's plenty of time before finals, and those classes don't mean jack. Law school is all for naught without that job.
The problem is, I've actually got pretty good grades. I've been on a lot of interviews w/ no success w/ good grades. If they go downhill, man does that worry me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
The problem is, I've actually got pretty good grades. I've been on a lot of interviews w/ no success w/ good grades. If they go downhill, man does that worry me.
Then your time might be better spent doing dry runs with CSO. Seriously, it does not matter how well you do this semester, you will not get a job at 3L OCI if you don't have a 2L SA this year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Congrats! That must feel pretty f-ing great :) Do you mind sharing what market (or whatever else you feel comfortable sharing)? I was supposed to hear from a firm yesterday and this entire process has made me completely nuts.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Congrats! That must feel pretty f-ing great :) Do you mind sharing what market (or whatever else you feel comfortable sharing)? I was supposed to hear from a firm yesterday and this entire process has made me completely nuts.
I blanketed the mid-Atlantic and my offer is in a non-NY mid-Atlantic city. It's not an NLJ250 firm but it pays near market and is on NALPdirectory. I am waiting on a couple other firms with similar details. I think there are quite a few firms that aren't done yet, but it's hard to figure out which ones unless you are willing to cast a wide net and keep an open mind about firm size, city size, stuff like that.

I am sorry you aren't hearing back. It's hard to know how hard to push.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I blanketed the mid-Atlantic and my offer is in a non-NY mid-Atlantic city. It's not an NLJ250 firm but it pays near market and is on NALPdirectory. I am waiting on a couple other firms with similar details. I think there are quite a few firms that aren't done yet, but it's hard to figure out which ones unless you are willing to cast a wide net and keep an open mind about firm size, city size, stuff like that.

I am sorry you aren't hearing back. It's hard to know how hard to push.
Thanks. So far I've gone 0-4 for CBs, and I'm waiting on my last one, which is the firm the recruiter said I would hear from yesterday if I got an offer. So, I'm assuming that's a no. I mass mailed a couple of secondary markets and it hasn't yielded many results. It's hard to even know where I need to follow up, as I've been getting a steady stream of rejection letters/emails from the mass mails and I can't keep track of everything. Ugh. This process is miserable.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:35 pm

If you accidentally follow up at a firm that rejected you... who cares? You only care if they didn't. Just start following up. Call, even.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you accidentally follow up at a firm that rejected you... who cares? You only care if they didn't. Just start following up. Call, even.
Good point, thanks. -anon poster above

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you accidentally follow up at a firm that rejected you... who cares? You only care if they didn't. Just start following up. Call, even.
+1. Got an offer this way.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
+1. Got an offer this way.
From following up with a firm that rejected you?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:33 pm

Yes. Forgot to update my ding list and accidentally followed up with them. Didn't even realize they'd dinged me until after I got the offer. I guess the "dings" that say "we don't have a spot for you at this time" really mean "try again in two weeks; we may have a worse than expected yield!"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:44 am

Got a CB from mass mailing and it's coming up at the end of this week.
Struck out at OCI.
For the love of god, please let this be the one.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Got a CB from mass mailing and it's coming up at the end of this week.
Struck out at OCI.
NY?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a CB from mass mailing and it's coming up at the end of this week.
Struck out at OCI.
Exact same situation here. Hoping we're not competing for the same one! (I'm in a tertiary New England market.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Geist13

Silver

Post by Geist13 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Well, it's officially over. Struck out. top 25% and LR at a T25. 0/3 on callbacks, all at firms only taking 1-2 SAs. Looks like I'll be making more money as an RA during the school year than I will during the summer. awesome.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Struck out at OCI.
Exact same situation here. Hoping we're not competing for the same one! (I'm in a tertiary New England market.)
I'm in CA, so don't worry. Good luck to you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:42 am

I was on this boat for quite a while (until early October) after striking out at OCI and I ended up getting two offers within the last couple of weeks from a V50 and one from a V25. Believe me, I felt like the end of the world was coming until these. Based on talking to other classmates, it seems like firms are picking up CBs and screening interviews all of a sudden, so don't give up hope. The most important thing you can do is keep an eye out for SA offerings on your schools' career websites and NETWORK!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Struck out at OCI, just got an offer in my preferred geographic location. Stoked and extraordinarily relieved. Best of luck to the rest of you aboard the good ship Worried, may she release you from her tender embrace soon.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”