No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:57 pm

najumobi wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For callbacks that are 3+ weeks, is it better to just wait or follow up?

I followed up yesterday and got a response today. It was a positive one -- recruiter let me know I'm still on the list, but waiting on people to get back to them before extending more offers. Best of luck!

along these lines, my friends and I have come to the conclusion that we're basically waiting for others to accept or reject offers before we can get decisions from firms....that seems to make the most sense

Agreed. I think I'm on the same boat with two firms. :|

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
najumobi wrote:along these lines, my friends and I have come to the conclusion that we're basically waiting for others to accept or reject offers before we can get decisions from firms....that seems to make the most sense

in this position of waiting, it's easy to be impatient of the 28 days people have to accept/decline offers, but it's a pretty huge decision to make

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a ding in the mail from a screener I did six weeks ago. Thanks for that.

Still waiting to hear from my one callback from last week and I have one more Friday. I think I'm going to get a callback from a firm in a really dreadful state (think Mississippi/Arkansas/West Virginia/Wyoming/Utah), which I had hoped to blow off upon having an offer.

Now... *shudder*

Dawg, nowadays just having a job is preftigiouf

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:06 am

Had my callback on Aug. 26... still waiting.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:36 am

najumobi wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
najumobi wrote:along these lines, my friends and I have come to the conclusion that we're basically waiting for others to accept or reject offers before we can get decisions from firms....that seems to make the most sense

in this position of waiting, it's easy to be impatient of the 28 days people have to accept/decline offers, but it's a pretty huge decision to make

Waiting post-callback or post-screener?

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
najumobi wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Waiting post-callback or post-screener?

psh....i wish i was waiting post callback :) ....just post screeners....first interviews were ~ 2 weeks ago and have more to go, but still waiting for that 1st callback so i'm anxious nonetheless :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had my callback on Aug. 26... still waiting.

I'm in a similar situation. Did you follow up?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I did. Recruiter responded and basically told me I'm on the wait-list, and the firm is waiting for candidates to respond before extending more offers. I'm hoping someone declines... You should definitely follow up though. Nothing to lose now!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I did. Recruiter responded and basically told me I'm on the wait-list, and the firm is waiting for candidates to respond before extending more offers. I'm hoping someone declines... You should definitely follow up though. Nothing to lose now!

I think I'm on a waitlist too. How big is the summer class at the firm you are waiting to hear from?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:49 pm

followed up yesterday with no response from two outstanding cbs. Ding?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:followed up yesterday with no response from two outstanding cbs. Ding?

I followed up with a firm, got silence for 2-3 days, and then got my offer call. A different firm: exact same story except instead of an offer call, I got my rejection in the mail. Try not to read too much into things.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:58 pm

This is probably a 2L thread, but THE 3L JOB MARKET IS EXTREMELY OBNOXIOUSLY UNACCOMMODATING.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:59 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:This is probably a 2L thread, but THE 3L JOB MARKET IS EXTREMELY OBNOXIOUSLY UNACCOMMODATING.

what is a 3L job market

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:This is probably a 2L thread, but THE 3L JOB MARKET IS EXTREMELY OBNOXIOUSLY UNACCOMMODATING.

what is a 3L job market

A figment of my imagination, mostly.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think I'm on a waitlist too. How big is the summer class at the firm you are waiting to hear from?

The summer class is 4 people... so I'm hoping ONE person will decline! What about yours?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:19 pm

callback was on 8/30. followed up on monday but got no response. SA class is two people. what does this mean? ding/waiting list? ugh

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Jumping off this ship, got the call today. Good luck, everyone. Hang in there, the good news will come!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Jumping off this ship, got the call today. Good luck, everyone. Hang in there, the good news will come!

oh man, congrats. how long ago was your cb?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Officially on board the USS worried. Just got two dings in the mail today from my first two callbacks (which I felt went really well). Have not heard from my third callback, but it was the highest ranked out of all my callbacks so I can't imagine it giving me an offer when lesser firms rejected me. And my 4th and 5th callbacks usually only give 1 or 2 offers to my school. Freaking out.

T30, top 12%, secondary journal. NY market.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Officially on board the USS worried. Just got two dings in the mail today from my first two callbacks (which I felt went really well). Have not heard from my third callback, but it was the highest ranked out of all my callbacks so I can't imagine it giving me an offer when lesser firms rejected me. And my 4th and 5th callbacks usually only give 1 or 2 offers to my school. Freaking out.

T30, top 12%, secondary journal. NY market.

Sorry.

Don't give up hope yet, though. I've been rejected by lower ranked firms while getting offers from higher ranked firms. It's kind of a black box, I think, when they're at a stage where they're looking more at fit than credentials. If that's the case, you can't put too much stock in rankings.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Well its over for me...officially struck out. 3 CBs, 3 rejections. Jumping overboard.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Followed up with two firms that interviewed me 2-3 weeks ago. Both responded quickly and said they were finishing up CBs this week and will have hiring committee meetings next week. Don't worry, seems lots of big firms are still making decisions!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well its over for me...officially struck out. 3 CBs, 3 rejections. Jumping overboard.

Damn sorry dude, what were your stats?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well its over for me...officially struck out. 3 CBs, 3 rejections. Jumping overboard.

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
The summer class is 4 people... so I'm hoping ONE person will decline! What about yours?

Can I ask which region this is in? Similar boat here.

Return to “Legal Employment”