No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ResIpsa21
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby ResIpsa21 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:2 CB's down, 3 more to go. Just found out a friend got an offer from the first CB, same day as my interview, oh well.


I can't speak from personal experience (yet) but I am told not to get too upset about other people getting faster offers -- sometimes firms just can't put out too many offers at once, and you very well could be next on the list when another candidate chooses a different firm. Until you get the ding, you're alive.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:20 pm

ResIpsa21 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:2 CB's down, 3 more to go. Just found out a friend got an offer from the first CB, same day as my interview, oh well.


I can't speak from personal experience (yet) but I am told not to get too upset about other people getting faster offers -- sometimes firms just can't put out too many offers at once, and you very well could be next on the list when another candidate chooses a different firm. Until you get the ding, you're alive.


The firm gained notoriety during 2009 as a slaughterhouse, so my hope is that accordingly acceptance rates are low, and that I may get one down the road. It certainly isn't my first choice, but: unemployment<$$$sweatshop$$$

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:39 pm

No offer yet and I'm trying my best to stay sane. :shock:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No offer yet and I'm trying my best to stay sane. :shock:

Same. No word yet from the 6 I've done. Two to go.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No offer yet and I'm trying my best to stay sane. :shock:

Same. No word yet from the 6 I've done. Two to go.


Same boat and just got told by career services that I might look too young . . .

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Grizz » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No offer yet and I'm trying my best to stay sane. :shock:

Same. No word yet from the 6 I've done. Two to go.


Same boat and just got told by career services that I might look too young . . .

I'm not sure there's anything you can really dovanout that, so don't worry I guess?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Leaving the ship. Best of luck everyone.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Grizz » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Leaving the ship. Best of luck everyone.

What happened?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Grizz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Leaving the ship. Best of luck everyone.

What happened?
Got an offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have done eight callbacks, zero offers and two dings so far. Both dings came from places where I felt like the interview went well. Not really sure what to make of it.

All but one of the firms I've yet to hear from have given offers since my CB. I know I'm not out yet, but there are some pretty ominous storm clouds on the horizon. Feel free to commiserate/bitch/relieve stress in this thread. Alternatively, you can brag about having many, many offers and rub it in our faces.


Thread OP here. Just got an offer from my 10th CB.

Good luck everyone.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Still twisting in the wind. One of the worst things about it: that I resent my friends rather than feel happy for them when I hear about their offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still twisting in the wind. One of the worst things about it: that I resent my friends rather than feel happy for them when I hear about their offers.



Same. Feel like a jackass for it, but still: same.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still twisting in the wind. One of the worst things about it: that I resent my friends rather than feel happy for them when I hear about their offers.


I pretty much avoid gatherings of people I don't know.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Anyone doing anything now to try to secure an offer? Mass mailing? Following up? Networking? Praying?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone doing anything now to try to secure an offer? Mass mailing? Following up? Networking? Praying?


Everything but the second. I've even made a deal with God if I get an offer from my first choice firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:04 pm

I've had 3 callback interviews. 1 ding so far. Still waiting to hear back from the other 2. Also, still waiting to hear back from 1 firm from OCI that has neither rejected me or offered me a callback.

Depressed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Depressed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've had 3 callback interviews. 1 ding so far. Still waiting to hear back from the other 2. Also, still waiting to hear back from 1 firm from OCI that has neither rejected me or offered me a callback.

Depressed.

Literally in this exact same position.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've had 3 callback interviews. 1 ding so far. Still waiting to hear back from the other 2. Also, still waiting to hear back from 1 firm from OCI that has neither rejected me or offered me a callback.

Depressed.

Literally in this exact same position.


Ditto, except I don't think I have anyone from OCI that I haven't heard from.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No offer yet and I'm trying my best to stay sane. :shock:

Same. No word yet from the 6 I've done. Two to go.

I am this anon. Came home from CB to find a rejection. Wasn't surprised (don't think I fit in), but it is disappointing. So waiting on 5 with 2 CBs to do.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've had 3 callback interviews. 1 ding so far. Still waiting to hear back from the other 2. Also, still waiting to hear back from 1 firm from OCI that has neither rejected me or offered me a callback.

Depressed.

Literally in this exact same position.


Ditto, except I don't think I have anyone from OCI that I haven't heard from.


Me too. 3 callbacks 1 ding. Super depressed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:00 pm

I should find out from one of the remaining CBs this week. If I don't hear, it probably means something's in the mail. Fun times, I tell ya.

ITE8NY
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby ITE8NY » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:57 pm

It's still early. But if you don't have offers in three weeks, then definitely drop out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:59 pm

When were all the offers given last year for major markets like LA/SF?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273075
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:01 am

ITE8NY wrote:It's still early. But if you don't have offers in three weeks, then definitely drop out.

no




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.