No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:34 am

Went in for what is probably my last biglaw screener today. Crushed it, feel great. Please god, let me (and everyone else ITT) get off this ship!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Went in for what is probably my last biglaw screener today. Crushed it, feel great. Please god, let me (and everyone else ITT) get off this ship!

best of luck to you, man.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:54 pm

dead

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:dead

'splain?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 am

Had 2 callbacks this week - both boutique IP firms. Crossing my damn fingers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 am

Callback with regional biglaw firm on Monday in my ideal (tertiary) market. Pleaaaaaaaaase work out!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Hearing back either tomorrow or Wednesday on one of the two pending callbacks I had last week.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Just got an offer from a firm (primary market, biglaw) I had a CB with in early Sept. So don't give up hope!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Just recently got off the ship as well. Got a callback with a firm after having interviewed with them months ago. It was my last callback and I had been rejected from my #1 choice and all my other firms. Interviewed on a Thursday, offered on the following Monday.

Oddly enough, the firm was my initial #1 but I thought they had forgot about me. Funny how things work out. I wish everyone the best of luck!
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just recently got off the ship as well. Got a callback with a firm after having interviewed with them months ago. It was my last callback and I hate been rejected from my #1 choice and all my other firms. Interviewed on a Thursday, offered on the following Monday.

Oddly enough, the firm was my initial #1 but I thought they had forgot about me. Funny how things work out. I wish everyone the best of luck!

So you had a screener with the firm three months ago, and then just got a callback this past week?
Wow. I wonder what happened to the firms that just never responded to me post-screener.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just recently got off the ship as well. Got a callback with a firm after having interviewed with them months ago. It was my last callback and I hate been rejected from my #1 choice and all my other firms. Interviewed on a Thursday, offered on the following Monday.

So you had a screener with the firm three months ago, and then just got a callback this past week?
Wow. I wonder what happened to the firms that just never responded to me post-screener.

Yeah, pretty much. I have no clue how or why.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Ehh, doesn't really matter how/why. Congratulations on getting off this ship, :) I hope to join you very, very soon (waiting on two more firms).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Ehh, doesn't really matter how/why. Congratulations on getting off this ship, :) I hope to join you very, very soon (waiting on two more firms).

I wish you the best of luck, my friend. Here's to you getting off the boat soon!

and best of luck to everyone else. dont give up hope just yet

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just recently got off the ship as well. Got a callback with a firm after having interviewed with them months ago. It was my last callback and I had been rejected from my #1 choice and all my other firms. Interviewed on a Thursday, offered on the following Monday.

Ugh. Is this a V30 firm in a major (non NYC) market? If so, it looks like I might still be aboard this thing. Congrats. Either way.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:27 pm

T2. Top 15%. 0/5 on CBs. waiting on 2 more firms. 1 was over a month ago, one was last week. Miserable. I guess i was actually lucky to get so many interviews, i hustled a lot.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:T2. Top 15%. 0/5 on CBs. waiting on 2 more firms. 1 was over a month ago, one was last week. Miserable. I guess i was actually lucky to get so many interviews, i hustled a lot.

Oh hey, same stats as me. 0/2 on CBs (LOL). Waiting on a few firms now for more CBs. Had like 15 interviews total so far.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:T2. Top 15%. 0/5 on CBs. waiting on 2 more firms. 1 was over a month ago, one was last week. Miserable. I guess i was actually lucky to get so many interviews, i hustled a lot.

Oh hey, same stats as me. 0/2 on CBs (LOL). Waiting on a few firms now for more CBs. Had like 15 interviews total so far.

To both posters: Which market?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Philadelphia. 15% and secondary journal, lived here my entire life, etc. I'm the second poster, just fyi.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Philadelphia. 15% and secondary journal, lived here my entire life, etc. I'm the second poster, just fyi.

I have a question for you if you would be comfortable PMing me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

First poster, NY.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:01 am

does anyone know of anyone still hiring for IP? (Biglaw or Boutiques)

thanks to everyone for their contributions here and best of luck to everyone still hustling.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:does anyone know of anyone still hiring for IP? (Biglaw or Boutiques)

thanks to everyone for their contributions here and best of luck to everyone still hustling.

Just had a CB with Morgan Lewis's IP Lit in CA this past week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:does anyone know of anyone still hiring for IP? (Biglaw or Boutiques)

Just had a CB with Morgan Lewis's IP Lit in CA this past week.

Thank you. I really appreciate you sharing that information.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:50 am

So I have one cb pending, from back in Oct with a small-mid sized firm, about two weeks ago the hiring partner asked me to update him with my interest, and silence ever since.....has anyone had an experience like this? I'm think I might be on hold since no rejection has come yet

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:So I have one cb pending, from back in Oct with a small-mid sized firm, about two weeks ago the hiring partner asked me to update him with my interest, and silence ever since.....has anyone had an experience like this? I'm think I might be on hold since no rejection has come yet

I think it's a really great sign that the hiring partner reached out to you. Since it was about two weeks ago, the partner probably wanted to see if you're still available in the market, or if you decided to accept another offer elsewhere. Did you reiterate your interest? Do you know when the hiring committee meets?

Return to “Legal Employment”