No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:Sigh, phone call ding from my top choice. I was so excited to see a 2 minute voice-mail, only to get shut down. Still waiting on one other firm, and my continual follow-ups to 100 mailings in July are my only hope.
you mind sharing the firm's region? NY? Midwest? West?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:49 am

5 screeners, 1 CB, 1 rejection

Color me screwed.

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:14 pm

[]
Last edited by quadsixm on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kahechsof

Bronze

Post by kahechsof » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:17 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
Grizz wrote:They are minority job fairs, not URM job fairs. So a lot of non-AA/Mex/PR/NA show up.
Women count, too.
Women are definitely not minorities.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:07 am

And October comes.

There should be movement in October, since NALP deadlines are approaching, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:28 am

kahechsof wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Grizz wrote:They are minority job fairs, not URM job fairs. So a lot of non-AA/Mex/PR/NA show up.
Women count, too.
Women are definitely not minorities.

Well, tell that to the women getting jobs from minority job fairs...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:And October comes.

There should be movement in October, since NALP deadlines are approaching, right?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:48 pm

At a T2, had 2 callbacks, just received 1 ding. Other CB will be 3 weeks by wed, so much finger crossing right now.

the L.Rev. word

New

Post by the L.Rev. word » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:05 pm

So it's October... What do we do now?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:11 pm

the L.Rev. word wrote:So it's October... What do we do now?
it's not over yet..i just got a request for a screener the other day. plus, NALP deadlines for a lot of students should be approaching and firms that have fewer offers accepted than they expected may have to go back to the drawing board. i had another firm explicitly ask me if i'd be interested in being contacted in the next few weeks for an interview if they don't manage to fill their class from the offers they already have out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Jumping on board the nervous train
13 screeners
3 callbacks - one to go
silencio

been bit over 1 week for two of them
and 2 weeks for the other - thought they went well

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
it's not over yet..i just got a request for a screener the other day. plus, NALP deadlines for a lot of students should be approaching and firms that have fewer offers accepted than they expected may have to go back to the drawing board. i had another firm explicitly ask me if i'd be interested in being contacted in the next few weeks for an interview if they don't manage to fill their class from the offers they already have out.
I agree... I read earlier this thread that someone talked to a big law recruiter, and October seems to be a month of big movement...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I like the optimism in this thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I agree... I read earlier this thread that someone talked to a big law recruiter, and October seems to be a month of big movement...
I guess there will be a lot of ding letters that get sent out this month. I hope there will be some offers including one for me.

the L.Rev. word

New

Post by the L.Rev. word » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Big movement how? As in, "oh F, we didn't get as many acceptances as we expected, lets call the second string?" Because that would be OK with me. Haven't heard from 3 CB's, but know at least 2 have given offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:Jumping on board the nervous train
13 screeners
3 callbacks - one to go
silencio

been bit over 1 week for two of them
and 2 weeks for the other - thought they went well
In the same boat. Had a number of callbacks, felt they went well, but have now been waiting 1-2 weeks, if not longer, to hear back. I'm hopeful that they are just waiting to see how things pan out with offers that they extended earlier in the cycle. Does anyone know if this is fairly commonplace?

Bronze

Post by 174 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:08 am

Jfc, ding me already so I can drop out!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:47 am

Nothing new to add, but I've been in this boat too god damned long.

On my way to my last callback later this afternoon. It's not a firm I want to work at, but at this point, I suppose I'm desperate enough to take anything. Sigh

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:13 pm

174 wrote:Jfc, ding me already so I can drop out!
This. It's gotten to the point where I approach my mailbox sort of hoping to find some rejection letters, just so I can move on with my life!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Void wrote:
This. It's gotten to the point where I approach my mailbox sort of hoping to find some rejection letters, just so I can move on with my life!
So true.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's not a firm I want to work at, but at this point, I suppose I'm desperate enough to take anything. Sigh
Cosigned. I've moved off of the primary desires vessel and onto the desperation vessel. I've still got 1 CB outstanding at my most desired job, but if that falls through (and based on the rest of my performances I am somewhat pessimistic) it's gonna be a rough haul. Though I did just a hustle up a screener in DE...not really where I wanted to live for a protracted period of time, but the work's interesting and the cost of living is absurdly low.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's not a firm I want to work at, but at this point, I suppose I'm desperate enough to take anything. Sigh
Cosigned. I've moved off of the primary desires vessel and onto the desperation vessel. I've still got 1 CB outstanding at my most desired job, but if that falls through (and based on the rest of my performances I am somewhat pessimistic) it's gonna be a rough haul. Though I did just a hustle up a screener in DE...not really where I wanted to live for a protracted period of time, but the work's interesting and the cost of living is absurdly low.
Congrats on the fresh screener. I recommend keeping your mind open if/when you visit- Delaware can actually be surprisingly cool.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sigh, phone call ding from my top choice. I was so excited to see a 2 minute voice-mail, only to get shut down. Still waiting on one other firm, and my continual follow-ups to 100 mailings in July are my only hope.
you mind sharing the firm's region? NY? Midwest? West?
Secondary market in Northeast. 1 firm left, supposed to hear back this week. Follow-ups to mails have all been dings and more silence. I wish I could get all this semester's money back and cut my losses.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Void wrote:
SERIOUSLY

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Not to bring you all down any further, but I just wanted to point out that even if you get off this train, you're only stepping onto the platform to board another:

Just spoke to a friend of mine who got no offered by her 2L summer firm. All ten summers in her class were no offered due to economic reasons. This at a Southern mid law/regional big law firm that paid market for the region.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”