No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So I have one cb pending, from back in Oct with a small-mid sized firm, about two weeks ago the hiring partner asked me to update him with my interest, and silence ever since.....has anyone had an experience like this? I'm think I might be on hold since no rejection has come yet
I think it's a really great sign that the hiring partner reached out to you. Since it was about two weeks ago, the partner probably wanted to see if you're still available in the market, or if you decided to accept another offer elsewhere. Did you reiterate your interest? Do you know when the hiring committee meets?
Well that's nice to hear, I hope you are right. I definitely expressed how much I wanted the job, and spoke briefly about why I was so interested in their particular practice specialty, however I have no idea about the committee's schedule

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So I have one cb pending, from back in Oct with a small-mid sized firm, about two weeks ago the hiring partner asked me to update him with my interest, and silence ever since.....has anyone had an experience like this? I'm think I might be on hold since no rejection has come yet
I think it's a really great sign that the hiring partner reached out to you. Since it was about two weeks ago, the partner probably wanted to see if you're still available in the market, or if you decided to accept another offer elsewhere. Did you reiterate your interest? Do you know when the hiring committee meets?
Well that's nice to hear, I hope you are right. I definitely expressed how much I wanted the job, and spoke briefly about why I was so interested in their particular practice specialty, however I have no idea about the committee's schedule
I see. I wouldn't take the partner's silence as a negative sign. The fact that he took the initiative means the firm is somewhat still interested in you. Just keep your fingers crossed. I'm kind of in the same boat -- supposed to hear back in the next few days. Good luck to you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I see. I wouldn't take the partner's silence as a negative sign. The fact that he took the initiative means the firm is somewhat still interested in you. Just keep your fingers crossed. I'm kind of in the same boat -- supposed to hear back in the next few days. Good luck to you!
Thanks man, good luck to you too!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Who makes the offer call? And does the caller usually call immediately after the hiring committee makes its decision? Or the next day?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Who makes the offer call? And does the caller usually call immediately after the hiring committee makes its decision? Or the next day?
I've had 3 hiring partners and 1 member of the hiring committee.

Three of my offers I knew they called right after the meeting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Who makes the offer call? And does the caller usually call immediately after the hiring committee makes its decision? Or the next day?
I've had 3 hiring partners and 1 member of the hiring committee.

Three of my offers I knew they called right after the meeting.
Thanks for the info!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:11 pm

other thoughts on this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
other thoughts on this?
Who cares. If they call you they call you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Today I got a call from a firm the day after my callback, but I was in the gym and didn't get the message until 8:00... Message from a partner telling me to call the firm back tomorrow. Looks like I'm not sleeping tonight.

edit: Icing on the cake is I'm dinged from all my other callbacks and this firm is/was one of my top choices.
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Today I got a call from a firm the day after my callback, but I was in the gym and didn't get the message until 8:00... Message from a partner telling me to call the firm back tomorrow. Looks like I'm not sleeping tonight.

edit: Icing on the cake is I'm dinged from all my other callbacks and this firm is/was one of my top choices.
What market?
Deep South, what TLS would consider a tertiary market. I think they may be taking one other person. If they are, then I've got a TLS bro I plan to recommend for the position and I'll post in the "still hiring" thread.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Today I got a call from a firm the day after my callback, but I was in the gym and didn't get the message until 8:00... Message from a partner telling me to call the firm back tomorrow. Looks like I'm not sleeping tonight.

What market?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:00 pm

:D I am excited for you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:23 am

Jumping Ship. Clerk position at a DC firearm regulatory boutique. Part-Time now, Full-Time summer. It's not big law but I like guns and it is going to open numerous doors for me in the DC market.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:05 am

I had given up hope, but I'm finally jumping off - just got a BigLaw offer!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:I had given up hope, but I'm finally jumping off - just got a BigLaw offer!
At 2AM? lol...

wat mkt

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:33 am

Deep South, what TLS would consider a tertiary market. I think they may be taking one other person. If they are, then I've got a TLS bro I plan to recommend for the position and I'll post in the "still hiring" thread.
It was an offer!
--ImageRemoved--

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Off the boat. After about 8 callbacks, top 30% grades at a T30, I got an offer from a secondary market firm. Not stoked about working in the secondary market, but I know I should be happy with something at this point! Keep up hope everyone, keep an eye on symplicity and consider those secondary markets that will help you at least get your foot in the door.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Congratulations to both posters above! I'm supposed to hear back today about a firm, so wish me luck.... ugh

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Congratulations to both posters above! I'm supposed to hear back today about a firm, so wish me luck.... ugh
Good Luck!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Congratulations to both posters above! I'm supposed to hear back today about a firm, so wish me luck.... ugh
Good Luck!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:25 pm

no offer for summer t2,15%.... spring internship with federal judge EDNY.. or small plaintiffs securities class action firm?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:no offer for summer t2,15%.... spring internship with federal judge EDNY.. or small plaintiffs securities class action firm?
I think you should go with the firm for the spring unless the judge has a reputation for helping interns get good jobs.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:38 pm

keg411 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:no offer for summer t2,15%.... spring internship with federal judge EDNY.. or small plaintiffs securities class action firm?
I think you should go with the firm for the spring unless the judge has a reputation for helping interns get good jobs.
thats what i thought. CSO told me otherwise, and to take the judge. obvi they dont know shit.

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:40 pm

keg411 wrote:
Agree with the above poster, with the same caveat. Although EDNY kicks ass (i was there last summer - sweet mob, terrorist, and drug cases), you are in the city and can pretty much do EDNY/SDNY externships anytime. But a judicial externship does not turn into an immediate clerkship. Go with the firm and see if it rolls into something paying for the summer.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 pm

keg411 wrote:
TCR. Maybe then you can tell me how derivative suits work.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Grizz wrote:
keg411 wrote:
TCR. Maybe then you can tell me how derivative suits work.
LOL. It's actually what I'm interested in too.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”