No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Have done eight callbacks, zero offers and two dings so far. Both dings came from places where I felt like the interview went well. Not really sure what to make of it.

All but one of the firms I've yet to hear from have given offers since my CB. I know I'm not out yet, but there are some pretty ominous storm clouds on the horizon. Feel free to commiserate/bitch/relieve stress in this thread. Alternatively, you can brag about having many, many offers and rub it in our faces.

Anonymous User

Re: No Offers Yet- All Aboard the USS Worried

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:30 pm

question: if a firm has given out offers since your cb, does that mean you're dinged?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm in a similar boat. I've done 9 callbacks, gotten 3 rejections, and I have 5 more callbacks to go. Even though I still have a bunch left, I'm starting to freak out a little.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 pm

i'm scared. really scared. i only landed 4 callbacks, 1 of which i'm pretty sure i didn't get, since offers went out today. i'm not out of the game yet, but hearing about people with like 8 callbacks + no offers is really frightening...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 pm

I've done 4 callbacks with 1 ding so far. 3 more cbs in the next 2 weeks. I'm trying to feel comforted by the fact that the ding was for a firm in a secondary market where I have 0 credible ties, but it's really hurt my ego.

This is the thought that's been somewhat keeping me confident: if I were really that bad of an interviewer, why would I even have 7 callbacks from below median at lower T14?

So yeah. I'm not going to change my interview strategy until I get dinged by a NYC firm. If that happens, then I'll start switching things up.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Same boat here. I have done 5 CBs with a few more remaining and gotten 0 offers. I know two of the firms have been giving offers but nothing for me and its about 1.5 weeks in so far.

I'm depressed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:59 pm

1 cb, offers went out recently without me getting one

I'm starting to make a back-up plan haha

edit: median at T10, 16 screeners --> 0 cb's, 1 cb from mailing, 5 screeners left
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:02 pm

I am quite concerned as well.

So far I've only had 1 CB and 4 screeners. 2 of my 4 screeners were rejections. I have another screener on Tuesday. I mass mailed like crazy and have been getting lots of rejections.

To give some context: T25/Top 5%/LR

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am quite concerned as well.

So far I've only had 1 CB and 4 screeners. 2 of my 4 screeners were rejections. I have another screener on Tuesday. I mass mailed like crazy and have been getting lots of rejections.

To give some context: T25/Top 5%/LR
That's crazy, sorry to hear that. I imagine you must have a ton of screeners coming up though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dougroberts

Bronze

Post by dougroberts » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Remember, you only need 1 CB to have 1 offer. There is always hope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:22 pm

1 CB; 10 OCI screens; no offers/ no future interviews scheduled---> DEPRESSED

Stats:
T20
GPA ~ 3.4
Secondary Journal

Would you guys mind sharing some stats?

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Four callbacks done, four callbacks to go.

No dings, no offers.

All I want is one.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:35 pm

It seems like there is a lot of post-CB silence in this thread, which is me so far as well. Don't different types of firms have a different turnaround time when it comes to offers? I know top NYC firms will often get back to you within 72 hours, but what about non-top firms (like V50-100 and unranked) and firms in secondary markets? Would their smaller summer classes mean they would interview a higher percentage of the people they have lined up before starting to extend offers?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It seems like there is a lot of post-CB silence in this thread, which is me so far as well. Don't different types of firms have a different turnaround time when it comes to offers? I know top NYC firms will often get back to you within 72 hours, but what about non-top firms (like V50-100 and unranked) and firms in secondary markets? Would their smaller summer classes mean they would interview a higher percentage of the people they have lined up before starting to extend offers?
Anecdotal alert, but I got an offer from a NYC V100 within about 22 hours of my CB. YMMV.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:42 pm

What do we think the GPA cutoff for biglaw this cycle seems to be? It seems to be around 3.5 for major markets like DC/ NY

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:46 pm

All NYC: 3 callbacks so far, 1 official ding (snail mail two weeks after interview, which I thought went incredibly well). I'm afraid the two outstanding callbacks are dings as well, as I've heard of people getting offers who had interviews after me.

T20, 15%, Secondary Journal, URM

Three more callbacks in the next few weeks. I've been trying to keep positive but I'd be lying if I said I haven't obsessed over this/been really depressed/second guessed myself ad nauseum over the past couple of days. Incredible how one rejection can do that to you.

Best of luck out there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:48 pm

I'll board this ship.

25 screeners through OCI, 2 CBs completed, 1 CB to go. Total silence so far (although I did those CBs earlier this week).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Is LA considered a secondary market? I am hearing of offers going out here but mostly with the "top" firms like OMM and Irell.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What do we think the GPA cutoff for biglaw this cycle seems to be? It seems to be around 3.5 for major markets like DC/ NY
i think it depends on the school. i'm 3.2x at CLS with two V100 offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What do we think the GPA cutoff for biglaw this cycle seems to be? It seems to be around 3.5 for major markets like DC/ NY

This is inspiring. But for those of us slightly above the T14 range, GPA requirements seem to be a bit higher.

Heartford

Bronze

Post by Heartford » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:56 pm

If it makes anyone feel better, the first screening interviews don't even take place at my school until next Thursday. So some of the eerie silence you're experiencing may be due to the fact that firms haven't yet finished their initial screening rounds at all the (lower ranked) schools- maybe they don't want to fill up their summer class until they're satisfied that they haven't missed any diamonds in the rough at the regional TT/TTT/TTTT's ?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Isn't it amazing how wonderful it feels to be accepted into a top law school.... only to be hit by the "no offer bus" a year later? I really could cry...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

This is inspiring. But for those of us slightly above the T14 range, GPA requirements seem to be a bit higher.
FWIW, I'm at DNCG w/a 3.2x (slightly below median), have 5 callbacks with one V50 offer thus far. I'm sure there are lots of firms out there with strict GPA cut-offs, but it's often just a crapshoot.

Edit: mine are all NYC market

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:21 pm

2 screeners, only 1 through OCI. 1 CB from one, silence (presumed ding) from the OCI screener. Another CB from mass mail. Radio silence for weeks from both CBs, minus some encouraging replies to my TY emails.

Thinking I should mass mail more, but pretty sure that is hopeless. Median at ~T30.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:27 pm

T2 in a secondary market
~3.5gpa (15%)
Secondary journal

9 OCI screeners; 2 CBs; 1 rejection; 6 outstanding still (been almost 3 weeks for some)

Will know about the first CB next Friday-ish (V100), other CB is yet to be scheduled

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”