Michigan Firms OCI Results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:52 am

anyone know of any offers at mich firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone know of any offers at mich firms?


bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:19 am

top 10-12%/secondary/ND/decent MI ties

CB: Bodman (ding - snail mail); Dykema; Honigman (scheduled); Rhoades (scheduled); trying to schedule Hauser; Kemp Klein (scheduled)

Screeners: Mika (ding snail), Miller Johnson (ding snail), Varnum (ding snail), Cooney (got thru mass mailing), Clark Hill (thru mass mailing), Smith Haughey (OCI), Dickinson (OCI)

Mass Mail: Kitch (ding snail)

Lots of others that haven't gotten back to me yet (contacted thru mass mailing, not expecting much)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:top 10-12%/secondary/ND/decent MI ties

CB: Bodman (ding - snail mail); Dykema; Honigman (scheduled); Rhoades (scheduled); trying to schedule Hauser; Kemp Klein (scheduled)

Screeners: Mika (ding snail), Miller Johnson (ding snail), Varnum (ding snail), Cooney (got thru mass mailing), Clark Hill (thru mass mailing), Smith Haughey (OCI), Dickinson (OCI)

Mass Mail: Kitch (ding snail)

Lots of others that haven't gotten back to me yet (contacted thru mass mailing, not expecting much)


when was your bodman ding and cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:top 10-12%/secondary/ND/decent MI ties

CB: Bodman (ding - snail mail); Dykema; Honigman (scheduled); Rhoades (scheduled); trying to schedule Hauser; Kemp Klein (scheduled)

Screeners: Mika (ding snail), Miller Johnson (ding snail), Varnum (ding snail), Cooney (got thru mass mailing), Clark Hill (thru mass mailing), Smith Haughey (OCI), Dickinson (OCI)

Mass Mail: Kitch (ding snail)

Lots of others that haven't gotten back to me yet (contacted thru mass mailing, not expecting much)


when was your bodman ding and cb?



cb was before i came back to school

ding was received at my home address last weekend

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:top 10-12%/secondary/ND/decent MI ties

CB: Bodman (ding - snail mail); Dykema; Honigman (scheduled); Rhoades (scheduled); trying to schedule Hauser; Kemp Klein (scheduled)

Screeners: Mika (ding snail), Miller Johnson (ding snail), Varnum (ding snail), Cooney (got thru mass mailing), Clark Hill (thru mass mailing), Smith Haughey (OCI), Dickinson (OCI)

Mass Mail: Kitch (ding snail)

Lots of others that haven't gotten back to me yet (contacted thru mass mailing, not expecting much)


when was your bodman ding and cb?



cb was before i came back to school

ding was received at my home address last weekend


sorry so CB was around mid august? About 3 weeks to ding you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:44 am

more like a month

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:more like a month


i guess im going to get dinged too. It s been 2 weeks for me. Do you know of any offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:50 am

No. Just know of rejections.

Does anyone know the timetable Dykema is working with?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:No. Just know of rejections.

Does anyone know the timetable Dykema is working with?


I hear usually within 1 week from a guy who worked there last year. I got dinged last week from screener.


Were the bodman rejects the same way? wait a long time before a rejection letter? Do you know if they make rolling offers or any more information?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No. Just know of rejections.

Does anyone know the timetable Dykema is working with?


I hear usually within 1 week from a guy who worked there last year. I got dinged last week from screener.


Were the bodman rejects the same way? wait a long time before a rejection letter? Do you know if they make rolling offers or any more information?


crap.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:22 pm

received a clark hill CB recently.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Offers out at Dickinson, Honigman, and Bodman.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers out at Dickinson, Honigman, and Bodman.


Some offers are out. My firm is one of the above. We roll offers. We've started making offers in early August, before anyone's first OCI. We are still doing callbacks. There are still offers to be had. It wouldn't surprise me if the other two are also rolling.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 am

offer from warner norcross and dykema

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:00 am

To the above poster, stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:To the above poster, stats?


slightly above median at a T14, secondary journal.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:29 am

I have similar stats and am very interested in Warner Norcross. Unless you go to Michigan, which you probably would have said T10 if you did, how did you overcome the firm's fear that you will run to Chicago after 3-4 years? Do you know someone in the legal profession in Grand Rapids? Get Grand Rapids, MI tattooed to your forehead?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have similar stats and am very interested in Warner Norcross. Unless you go to Michigan, which you probably would have said T10 if you did, how did you overcome the firm's fear that you will run to Chicago after 3-4 years? Do you know someone in the legal profession in Grand Rapids? Get Grand Rapids, MI tattooed to your forehead?


I don't think that going to Michigan Law necessarily means that you won't bolt. If anything, I think Michigan grads have a reputation for NOT wanting to be in Michigan.

As for my ties, I grew up/went to UG/worked in Michigan. Beyond that, you just need to be convince them that you are serious about living/working in Michigan.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers out at Dickinson, Honigman, and Bodman.


Some offers are out. My firm is one of the above. We roll offers. We've started making offers in early August, before anyone's first OCI. We are still doing callbacks. There are still offers to be had. It wouldn't surprise me if the other two are also rolling.



are the decision timetables pretty quick? I did a callback at one of the firms mentioned above almost 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. Should I assume it is a ding?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To the above poster, stats?


slightly above median at a T14, secondary journal.


When did you screen/CB if you don't mind? Thanks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To the above poster, stats?


slightly above median at a T14, secondary journal.


When did you screen/CB if you don't mind? Thanks


screeners at Warner, Varnum, Dykema, Honigman, Dickinson Wright, and Miller Canfield. CB at all except Miller Canfield. Offer at Warner and Dykema, no news from others yet (still have to do the Dickinson CB). Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers out at Dickinson, Honigman, and Bodman.


Some offers are out. My firm is one of the above. We roll offers. We've started making offers in early August, before anyone's first OCI. We are still doing callbacks. There are still offers to be had. It wouldn't surprise me if the other two are also rolling.



are the decision timetables pretty quick? I did a callback at one of the firms mentioned above almost 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. Should I assume it is a ding?



They all came 7-10 days after CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers out at Dickinson, Honigman, and Bodman.


Some offers are out. My firm is one of the above. We roll offers. We've started making offers in early August, before anyone's first OCI. We are still doing callbacks. There are still offers to be had. It wouldn't surprise me if the other two are also rolling.



are the decision timetables pretty quick? I did a callback at one of the firms mentioned above almost 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. Should I assume it is a ding?



They all came 7-10 days after CB.


This isn't accurate. I had an offer from one Detroit firm two weeks after my callback and an offer from another one month after my callback. Some firms roll, some firms don't.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Michigan Firms OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To the above poster, stats?


slightly above median at a T14, secondary journal.


When did you screen/CB if you don't mind? Thanks


screeners at Warner, Varnum, Dykema, Honigman, Dickinson Wright, and Miller Canfield. CB at all except Miller Canfield. Offer at Warner and Dykema, no news from others yet (still have to do the Dickinson CB). Good luck!


How long after your CB with Dykema did you receive your offer?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.