Cadwalader Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Has anyone received a Cadwalader offer (or post-callback rejection)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Bump . . . interested in this also.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Callback last week, offer three days later.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks and congrats. I had my interview several weeks ago and still haven't heard anything so I guess I won't hold my breath.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Was the offer for their New York office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Was the offer for their New York office?


I'm the poster above who mentioned an offer. Yes, it was NY. I think the firm got started a bit later with cbs though, so my guess is that the class is nowhere near full at this point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:09 pm

any news on the DC front?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was the offer for their New York office?


I'm the poster above who mentioned an offer. Yes, it was NY. I think the firm got started a bit later with cbs though, so my guess is that the class is nowhere near full at this point.



My last interviewer told me it sometimes takes them 3-5 weeks to extend offers so I don't really know what to expect, especially since you received yours in 3 days. I am getting a little frustrated though because my other contending offer may reach its expiration date before cadwalader even decides to get back to me. I don't know if I should call them or what. Lame.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was the offer for their New York office?


I'm the poster above who mentioned an offer. Yes, it was NY. I think the firm got started a bit later with cbs though, so my guess is that the class is nowhere near full at this point.



My last interviewer told me it sometimes takes them 3-5 weeks to extend offers so I don't really know what to expect, especially since you received yours in 3 days. I am getting a little frustrated though because my other contending offer may reach its expiration date before cadwalader even decides to get back to me. I don't know if I should call them or what. Lame.


You need to call - it's standard procedure and the recruiters will absolutely not think you're weird.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:22 pm

Had mine 2 weeks ago at the NY office and still haven't heard

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was the offer for their New York office?


I'm the poster above who mentioned an offer. Yes, it was NY. I think the firm got started a bit later with cbs though, so my guess is that the class is nowhere near full at this point.



My last interviewer told me it sometimes takes them 3-5 weeks to extend offers so I don't really know what to expect, especially since you received yours in 3 days. I am getting a little frustrated though because my other contending offer may reach its expiration date before cadwalader even decides to get back to me. I don't know if I should call them or what. Lame.


You need to call - it's standard procedure and the recruiters will absolutely not think you're weird.



Thanks for the advice :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Was I the only one who really loved the firm? The associates all seemed really cool and down-to-earth.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Was I the only one who really loved the firm? The associates all seemed really cool and down-to-earth.



Yeah, I really liked them too. They were by far my favorite call-back.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was I the only one who really loved the firm? The associates all seemed really cool and down-to-earth.



Yeah, I really liked them too. They were by far my favorite call-back.


Other than the views from their office space (which were amazing), I had trouble finding much to like myself.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was I the only one who really loved the firm? The associates all seemed really cool and down-to-earth.



Yeah, I really liked them too. They were by far my favorite call-back.


Other than the views from their office space (which were amazing), I had trouble finding much to like myself.


I have a CB this week. Any chance the likes/not like can expand on these? Want to get an idea of what types to expect. Thanks :).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Callback last week, offer three days later.


Mind telling us where you go to school and your journal status?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was I the only one who really loved the firm? The associates all seemed really cool and down-to-earth.



Yeah, I really liked them too. They were by far my favorite call-back.


Other than the views from their office space (which were amazing), I had trouble finding much to like myself.


I have a CB this week. Any chance the likes/not like can expand on these? Want to get an idea of what types to expect. Thanks :).


At my cb: one guy who was obviously trying to ask tough questions/put me on the spot; two really nice guys mostly looking to answer questions; one associate who basically told me not to work at cadwalader. no interaction with any recruiting staff, which was kind of weird i thought.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Callback last week, offer three days later.


Mind telling us where you go to school and your journal status?


Above median, secondary journal at a top 10. Basically, nothing special. Don't want to go into detail because the offer is relatively fresh, apparently.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Was the associate who told you not to work there, by chance, black? Just wondering if we had the same guy, or if everyone hates their job?


Also, a friend interviewed same day, got a callback 3 days later, I haven't been rejected yet, so maybe they are holding onto my file.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Was the associate who told you not to work there, by chance, black? Just wondering if we had the same guy, or if everyone hates their job?


Also, a friend interviewed same day, got a callback 3 days later, I haven't been rejected yet, so maybe they are holding onto my file.


Looks like disdain for cadwalader is ushering us into a post-racial america. We had different associates.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was the associate who told you not to work there, by chance, black? Just wondering if we had the same guy, or if everyone hates their job?


Also, a friend interviewed same day, got a callback 3 days later, I haven't been rejected yet, so maybe they are holding onto my file.


Looks like disdain for cadwalader is ushering us into a post-racial america. We had different associates.


I figured it was the vaguest description I could give without outing the interviewer, as much as he hates his job, I'd hate to get him fired.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Callback last week, offer three days later.


+ 1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Callback last week, offer three days later.


+ 1

School?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Callback last week, offer three days later.


+ 1

School?


MVP

Anonymous User
Posts: 273408
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was the associate who told you not to work there, by chance, black? Just wondering if we had the same guy, or if everyone hates their job?


Also, a friend interviewed same day, got a callback 3 days later, I haven't been rejected yet, so maybe they are holding onto my file.


Looks like disdain for cadwalader is ushering us into a post-racial america. We had different associates.


I figured it was the vaguest description I could give without outing the interviewer, as much as he hates his job, I'd hate to get him fired.


From what I've heard, pretty much no biglaw associate enjoys their jobs. This is total conjecture, but I think Cadwalader associates may be more willing to express their feelings honestly because the firm has a more "up front" culture.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.