Federal Govt- Applications, Interviews, Dings & Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Federal Govt- Applications, Interviews, Dings & Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Quick post-screener dings from CIA and FTC-BC. Much better interview with FTC-BCP, but they estimated that it may be October before I hear back from them. They also said I should let them know if a firm needs me to accept/decline an offer before then; at that point they might give a rough idea of where I stand.

When did you submit your CIA application/how long did it take for them to get back to you?

I got a ding via letter from the CIA like 4 weeks after a screener.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Friend said the PMF online assessment notices just went out. Any idea out of the usual 8,000-9,000 candidates, how many are tabbed for the online assessment and how many proceed to the in-person written assessment?

BKJLAW

Postby BKJLAW » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Friend said the PMF online assessment notices just went out. Any idea out of the usual 8,000-9,000 candidates, how many are tabbed for the online assessment and how many proceed to the in-person written assessment?

You can go straight to the in-person written assessment?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:24 pm

BKJLAW wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Friend said the PMF online assessment notices just went out. Any idea out of the usual 8,000-9,000 candidates, how many are tabbed for the online assessment and how many proceed to the in-person written assessment?

You can go straight to the in-person written assessment?

No, I meant: How many candidates/what ratio pass the online assessment and are continued to the written assessment?

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:13 am

Count me in for PMF...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Quick post-screener dings from CIA and FTC-BC. Much better interview with FTC-BCP, but they estimated that it may be October before I hear back from them. They also said I should let them know if a firm needs me to accept/decline an offer before then; at that point they might give a rough idea of where I stand.

When did you submit your CIA application/how long did it take for them to get back to you?
It was through the U. Texas DC interview program late in the summer, and it took only a few days for them to get back to me. Another person I know got an email from them shortly after the interview; I got a letter after that. Don't know anyone who got a CB.

Anyone know which is more prevalent: email v. letter dings? Is anyone aware of someone who got a CB? I'm just trying to figure out if complete radio silence is hopeful or a sign that the people at the office who sort my mail screwed up.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No, I meant: How many candidates/what ratio pass the online assessment and are continued to the written assessment?

Last year, it went: 9,100 applicants -> 7,482 nominees -> 1,530 semi-finalists after the online assessment --> 850 finalists after the in person assessment. Right now, the PMF website lists 416 of the finalists as accepting an appointment.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No, I meant: How many candidates/what ratio pass the online assessment and are continued to the written assessment?

Last year, it went: 9,100 applicants -> 7,482 nominees -> 1,530 semi-finalists after the online assessment --> 850 finalists after the in person assessment. Right now, the PMF website lists 416 of the finalists as accepting an appointment.

Very very useful. Thank you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:10 am

Anyone hear from FDIC? They were supposed to contact in late September for interviews in Oct.

Return to “Legal Employment”