professor recommender for clerkships still has not posted my

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

professor recommender for clerkships still has not posted my

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:58 am

rec to OSCAR - what to do I do? when do i get worried?

Cavalier

Re: professor recommender for clerkships still has not posted my

Postby Cavalier » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:56 am

Last edited by Cavalier on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: professor recommender for clerkships still has not posted my

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Cavalier wrote:Tell your professor that the letter isn't available on OSCAR. The delay is probably just the secretary's laziness, but if for some reason your professor hasn't written the letter yet, you want to notify him now so that s/he can crank one out over the weekend. I think you have until the 6th of September.

This. I know my school has one central person uploading OSCAR recommendations for everyone, and she always gets them through before the applications are supposed to go out. But I don't think it can hurt at all to follow up with the professor, or whomever is doing the recs. Just give them a call... I think they'd understand that this is such a big deal for students that they wouldn't be annoyed by it, if that's what you're worried about.

Return to “Legal Employment”