No information on callback interviewers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

No information on callback interviewers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:03 pm

2 Associates, 2 Partners, no names, they will try to give me people, "in litigation."


WTF do I do, interview in 2 hours?

darklighter13
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:01 am

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby darklighter13 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Ask about their practice? Learn about them? People like to talk about themselves.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Be thankful you don't have the additional pressure of having to do research.

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10384
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby TTH » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Be charming. Surely you've had to make small talk with people you met for the first time before.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 pm

darklighter13 wrote:Ask about their practice? Learn about them? People like to talk about themselves.


I'm just worried I'm going to look dumb.

This isn't the firms standard practice, I think something must have come up and so they just McGuyvered together an new lineup at the last second. I'm so freaked out, I've like, fallen through the cracks of recruiting. Ding Letter here I come!

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby englawyer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:33 pm

litigation sounds like a small dept. just research all the partners. associates, who cares..you can get through the interview with them no problem.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby Grizz » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
darklighter13 wrote:Ask about their practice? Learn about them? People like to talk about themselves.


I'm just worried I'm going to look dumb.

This isn't the firms standard practice, I think something must have come up and so they just McGuyvered together an new lineup at the last second. I'm so freaked out, I've like, fallen through the cracks of recruiting. Ding Letter here I come!

You know what's not gonna help? Panicking.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm

englawyer wrote:litigation sounds like a small dept. just research all the partners. associates, who cares..you can get through the interview with them no problem.


about 150 people. but yeah... I'm just freaking out on the internet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Be thankful you don't have the additional pressure of having to do research.

Exactly. I wish I were in your shoes!

Is it really that hard for people to just have a chat with someone for 30 mins? Since when must you know you interviewer in order to chat ask questions about the firm, and their work?

You don't even have to come up with canned question precisely because you don't know these people. So find out about them during the interviews! This is not a bug, it's an opportunity -- and right now you are failing to see it.

darklighter13
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:01 am

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby darklighter13 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You don't even have to come up with canned question precisely because you don't know these people. So find out about them during the interviews! This is not a bug, it's an opportunity -- and right now you are failing to see it.

TITCR.

User avatar
YourCaptain
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby YourCaptain » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:13 pm

darklighter13 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:You don't even have to come up with canned question precisely because you don't know these people. So find out about them during the interviews! This is not a bug, it's an opportunity -- and right now you are failing to see it.

TITCR.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: No information on callback interviewers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:17 pm

OP, that is excellent. You can now play ignorant and ask Q's about their practice areas, the cases they handled, etc to kill time if you need filled. These types of Q's would normally be poor ones since it is readily available info, but if you don't know who your interviewers are, it becomes fair game. So it only increases your arsenal and ability to fill time. You should be overjoyed about this.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.