Scheduling CB

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Scheduling CB

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:23 pm

Has anyone else had experience with recruiters who are impossible to get ahold of?

Anonymous User

Re: Scheduling CB

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:05 pm

yeppp. trick is to keep calling in 1-2 minute intervals until a human picks up - i think oftentimes it goes to machine b/c they are on the phone already. if you can't reach them after 4-5 tries, email. then, call again the next day.

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:yeppp. trick is to keep calling in 1-2 minute intervals until a human picks up - i think oftentimes it goes to machine b/c they are on the phone already. if you can't reach them after 4-5 tries, email. then, call again the next day.

Yeah, so law firms have this thing called "caller ID", you might have heard of it. You don't think the recruiter will see your number popping up over and over again while they're on the phone? Just try once, leave a message, and send a follow-up email. Call back in 2 days if no response. Recruiters will get back to you, you just need to be a little patient.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Sup Kid wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:yeppp. trick is to keep calling in 1-2 minute intervals until a human picks up - i think oftentimes it goes to machine b/c they are on the phone already. if you can't reach them after 4-5 tries, email. then, call again the next day.

Yeah, so law firms have this thing called "caller ID", you might have heard of it. You don't think the recruiter will see your number popping up over and over again while they're on the phone? Just try once, leave a message, and send a follow-up email. Call back in 2 days if no response. Recruiters will get back to you, you just need to be a little patient.

you should alternate calling between google call phone and your cell phone...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Call the firm's main number and ask for someone in recruiting. I've found that recruiters that don't answer when I call directly answer when the call is forwarded from the receptionist.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Define "impossible to get ahold of."

I've scheduled around 20 of these and have had to wait a couple of days and/or play phone tag, but everyone has returned my calls in relatively short order. If this describes your situation, then leave a voicemail and chill out. They are busy people. Don't make them think you're a nuisance before anyone's even met you.

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Define "impossible to get ahold of."

I've scheduled around 20 of these and have had to wait a couple of days and/or play phone tag, but everyone has returned my calls in relatively short order. If this describes your situation, then leave a voicemail and chill out. They are busy people. Don't make them think you're a nuisance before anyone's even met you.

#humblebrag

alirod12

Postby alirod12 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Epic call out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:47 pm

I've called 6 times (only left 2 voicemails so I don't look like a psycho) since getting the CB directly from the interviewer last Friday. I've also emailed once. No response.

In any case, it doesn't matter if you are busy, it's still pretty rude to not return a phone call within 24 hours. You work in recruiting. Your job is to recruit.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:47 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Define "impossible to get ahold of."

#humblebrag

:oops: :lol: Fair enough; "a number of these" would have sufficed.

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've called 6 times (only left 2 voicemails so I don't look like a psycho) since getting the CB directly from the interviewer last Friday. I've also emailed once. No response.

In any case, it doesn't matter if you are busy, it's still pretty rude to not return a phone call within 24 hours. You work in recruiting. Your job is to recruit.

Fair enough, they should have responded by now. I would say give it until Friday (so 1 full week), then email your interviewer who called you about the CB and explain that you haven't been able to get in touch with the recruitment department.

Return to “Legal Employment”