Callback with coffee invitiation

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback with coffee invitiation

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 pm

I received a callback interview and I'm scheduled to go out to coffee with two associates. Should I bring materials (i.e. resume, transcript, etc.) for those associates in addition to the other people I'm interviewing with in the office? Also, does any one have any quick do's or don't regarding the sit down over coffee? Thanks!

blurbz

Re: Callback with coffee invitiation

Postby blurbz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. Just bring a few of each. In my experience, very few people ask for either so you should be fine even if you don't technically have enough for everyone.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 pm

blurbz wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. Just bring a few of each. In my experience, very few people ask for either so you should be fine even if you don't technically have enough for everyone.

I stopped bringing them. And no, you're really just having coffee, it will be weird if you offer them your resume. This is the informal part where you get to interview them. (I think I know which firm this is and they do it instead of post-interview lunch for the afternoon callbacks.)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Milbank?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
blurbz wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. Just bring a few of each. In my experience, very few people ask for either so you should be fine even if you don't technically have enough for everyone.

I stopped bringing them. And no, you're really just having coffee, it will be weird if you offer them your resume. This is the informal part where you get to interview them. (I think I know which firm this is and they do it instead of post-interview lunch for the afternoon callbacks.)

Agreed. I liked it even better than the meal because you can just talk, and not worry about food/eating logistics. Very informal.

Return to “Legal Employment”