Return time for an offer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Return time for an offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:19 pm

So I had a callback at a firm over two weeks ago and have heard nothing. I thought it went fairly well. They told me that I would hear back if not the week after the callback, the week after that. Should I assume I'm rejected?

Grizz

Re: Return time for an offer?

Postby Grizz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:22 pm

How will this effect your behavior? Keep applying for jobs and interviewing until you have something.

lolwat

Re: Return time for an offer?

Postby lolwat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I had a callback at a firm over two weeks ago and have heard nothing. I thought it went fairly well. They told me that I would hear back if not the week after the callback, the week after that. Should I assume I'm rejected?

I wouldn't assume anything. You might be rejected but not necessarily. I think it's generally accepted to call them once X + 7 days have passed, where X is the time frame they originally gave you. It sounds like they gave you 2 weeks and it's been more than that, so I'd give them a call pretty soon.

Return to “Legal Employment”