What to bring to callback Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What to bring to callback

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Did a search and couldnt find too much. Going into callback season and wondering if it is appropriate to bring a messenger bag with me. Will there be a place to put it while interviewing? Will it be super awkward to walk in with one? I ask not because my portfolio wont hold everything, but because I am doing two callbacks on the same day and dont want my portfolio to be overflowing with everything I need for two callbacks. Thanks in advance.

Glock

Bronze

Re: What to bring to callback

Post by Glock » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Two callbacks in the same building? Leave the other junk in your car or hotel or something.

I like to travel as light as possible in callbacks. The more time you spend worrying about your crap the less time you will have to look like you fit in. If you must carry tons of junk a classy briefcase or bag would work.

Dont forget your survival kit:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:24 pm

I didn't know we were supposed to bring anything to a callback. Everyone that interviewed me had all of my materials in front of them. Is this not typical?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Yeah, its two callbacks in the same city with no car and no hotel (flying back same day). I just wanted confirmation that a bag was probably not the best call. I'll make do! Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I didn't know we were supposed to bring anything to a callback. Everyone that interviewed me had all of my materials in front of them. Is this not typical?
Yes, but it can't hurt to have extra resumes and transcripts. Sometimes they haven't had time to print them out. Some firms ask you to bring writing samples with you as well, and occasionally you have to provide references on an employment form (so you need to be able to write down their contact info).

Glock

Bronze

Post by Glock » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I didn't know we were supposed to bring anything to a callback. Everyone that interviewed me had all of my materials in front of them. Is this not typical?
Yes, but it can't hurt to have extra resumes and transcripts. Sometimes they haven't had time to print them out. Some firms ask you to bring writing samples with you as well, and occasionally you have to provide references on an employment form (so you need to be able to write down their contact info).

I would certainly bring extra transcripts, writing samples, resumes. Not reams of them, but one or two of each.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”