Williams & Connolly offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Williams & Connolly offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 pm

About how soon after the callback do you give out offers?

I want to know when I should give up hope.

Anonymous User

Re: Williams & Connolly offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:58 pm

I know someone who didn't get one until three or four weeks after.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know someone who didn't get one until three or four weeks after.

so if my callback was 3 days ago, I shouldn't worry

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know someone who didn't get one until three or four weeks after.

Ok. That may be an extreme case but I am just wondering what is the average?

One week or Two weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:31 pm

I don't think they give them out until everyone from a given school has come back for CBs. So seems like two weeks or more is possible.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:04 pm

On a somewhat related note, how quickly does W&C make callbacks after OCI interviews?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:13 am

what school do you go to?

Cause I know that they usually don't give out offers until they interview everyone from a given school and it might take longer at the schools where they give 10-15 people callbacks versus some other schools where they only give 4-5 people callbacks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:On a somewhat related note, how quickly does W&C make callbacks after OCI interviews?

my callback came 2 days after the OCI interview

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 am

Has anyone got an offer from W&C yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:20 am

For YLS they gave us 3 weeks to schedule our interviews and told us that they would make offers the week after that (so four weeks or so after the first YLS student interviewed). Does anyone know how many people they called back this year? It seems more than last year, honestly. Not sure if that means our odds are lower.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For YLS they gave us 3 weeks to schedule our interviews and told us that they would make offers the week after that (so four weeks or so after the first YLS student interviewed). Does anyone know how many people they called back this year? It seems more than last year, honestly. Not sure if that means our odds are lower.

why do you say that?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:39 pm

since it seems as though no one has gotten offers yet, has anyone been rejected yet after a callback?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For YLS they gave us 3 weeks to schedule our interviews and told us that they would make offers the week after that (so four weeks or so after the first YLS student interviewed). Does anyone know how many people they called back this year? It seems more than last year, honestly. Not sure if that means our odds are lower.

why do you say that?

Just after gossiping with other students. None of us had asked around enough to get a sense of how many people were called back in total, but it sounded like more than a few people who wouldn't have expected callbacks got them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

why do you say that?

Just after gossiping with other students. None of us had asked around enough to get a sense of how many people were called back in total, but it sounded like more than a few people who wouldn't have expected callbacks got them.

this is YLS right?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:02 pm

any news today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

why do you say that?

Wouldn't have expected based on what at YLS? Seems like it would mostly be about personality.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:16 am

The rumor was that YLJ membership was all but a requirement to work there. (One of the few firms for which this seemed to be the case.) Apparently that isn't true.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:The rumor was that YLJ membership was all but a requirement to work there. (One of the few firms for which this seemed to be the case.) Apparently that isn't true.

That's definitely not true; last year they offered someone at UVA who was not on Law Review. Perfect credentials (high grades + law review) are not an absolute requirement.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:32 am

Considering that they have associates with secondary journal from lower ranked schools, YLJ membership as a requirement seems improbable.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Does anyone know anyone who has an offer yet?

I had my callback last week and I'm beginning to stress out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:27 pm

I had a CB and am waiting to hear whether I have an offer. I'm curious if everyone who's in this same boat would definitely accept an offer, or whether there are those who would turn down a W&C offer. If yes, what would lead you to that decision? Anyone have concerns about the culture there? Worried they won't be a good fit?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a CB and am waiting to hear whether I have an offer. I'm curious if everyone who's in this same boat would definitely accept an offer, or whether there are those who would turn down a W&C offer. If yes, what would lead you to that decision? Anyone have concerns about the culture there? Worried they won't be a good fit?

if you don't mind, when was your CB and what school do you attend?

I interviewed last week and they said they would only give out offers after they talked to everyone from the same school.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a CB and am waiting to hear whether I have an offer. I'm curious if everyone who's in this same boat would definitely accept an offer, or whether there are those who would turn down a W&C offer. If yes, what would lead you to that decision? Anyone have concerns about the culture there? Worried they won't be a good fit?

I would accept a W&C offer over any firm in the country. I don't think this is the same for everyone but if you want to do litigation, there isn't a better firm in the country. Its in DC which is another plus in my book. Litigation in NYC is largely driven by the corporate department and usually involves matters concerning financial institutions. If you into finance related stuff then an NYC litigation firm is good for you. However, if your like me and don't want to do finance related stuff all the time, then W&C is about as good as it gets. The firm also isn't highly leveraged you'll get alot of early experience and partnership prospects are much better than most other firms.

The only type of person who should turn down a W&C offer, is some who doesn't want to do litigation or hates DC. Otherwise, I don't see how anyone could find a better biglaw firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:02 pm

W&C offers should be coming in soon...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 pm

where did you go instead of W&C?

and what about the regulatory practice attracted you?

Return to “Legal Employment”