Visiting a city - quick question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TTH

Visiting a city - quick question

Postby TTH » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm about to send my initial res/CL to a firm (no prior contact w/ the firm thus far). I'm going to be in that firm's city in a couple weeks and want to let them know I'm available to come in if they would like me to. What's the best way to phrase that?

smokyroom26

Re: Visiting a city - quick question

Postby smokyroom26 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:04 pm

TTH wrote:I'm about to send my initial res/CL to a firm (no prior contact w/ the firm thus far). I'm going to be in that firm's city in a couple weeks and want to let them know I'm available to come in if they would like me to. What's the best way to phrase that?

Last small paragraph of your cover letter, when you're closing - "I am available to interview at your convenience, and may be reached at the above phone number and email address. Additionally, I will be visiting City X on X Date, and would welcome the opportunity to visit with the firm at that time if convenient."

Return to “Legal Employment”