Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:13 pm

CB at Jones Day (SF)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:23 pm

Anyone hear from Venable LA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:39 pm

Anyone here from O'Melveny Century City?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone here from O'Melveny Century City?


I got dinged post-screener last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone here from O'Melveny Century City?


I got dinged post-screener last week.


via email or snail mail? Had a screener a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything either way.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone here from O'Melveny Century City?


I got dinged post-screener last week.


via email or snail mail? Had a screener a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything either way.


Email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:not sure if anyone else is looking at Foley for LA specifically but has anyone heard back from them? I specifically want Foley LA and have not heard anything from them since a screening interview in early August... so I am thinking I am screwed but have not gotten a rejection either


My guess is you're on a waitlist as I've heard back from every OCI screener by now. Foley LA called to schedule CBs very quickly (same week as OCI) for me and another classmate. I was told I would hear back in a few weeks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:53 pm

anyone hear from Reed Smith LA? The recruiter never mentioned timing at CB and I forgot to ask

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:not sure if anyone else is looking at Foley for LA specifically but has anyone heard back from them? I specifically want Foley LA and have not heard anything from them since a screening interview in early August... so I am thinking I am screwed but have not gotten a rejection either


My guess is you're on a waitlist as I've heard back from every OCI screener by now. Foley LA called to schedule CBs very quickly (same week as OCI) for me and another classmate. I was told I would hear back in a few weeks.


I'm in the same boat for some other LA firms. Everyone I know has either been rejected or received a CB but I've heard nothing... I guess that means wait list?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:not sure if anyone else is looking at Foley for LA specifically but has anyone heard back from them? I specifically want Foley LA and have not heard anything from them since a screening interview in early August... so I am thinking I am screwed but have not gotten a rejection either


My guess is you're on a waitlist as I've heard back from every OCI screener by now. Foley LA called to schedule CBs very quickly (same week as OCI) for me and another classmate. I was told I would hear back in a few weeks.


I'm in the same boat for some other LA firms. Everyone I know has either been rejected or received a CB but I've heard nothing... I guess that means wait list?


I agree in general, although I did just receive a snail mail ding yesterday, and a CB with a smaller firm. So for lower ranked or smaller firms I think they're waiting so as not to waste offers

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:14 am

CB with Squire SF

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know the offer rate after callbacks for Simpson Thatcher Palo Alto? I have a callback there the 2nd week of September. Hoping that's not too late.

Not sure. But I CB'd last Thursday. They told me I was early in the process but that they intended to call me tomorrow either way or merely to check in. They seem to take their time, and I think they're looking to have 12 or so SAs, so you should be fine.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Top 20 non-LA, top 10%

Massmails - V50(75?) on up.

Dings - OMM
Screeners - F&J (offered); does anyone know how competitive their office is? Wondering if it's worth it to throw together ~8 screeners and fly to LA for them.


ahhh you got a fulbright offer? i had my callback last week, and i guess theres a very slim letter somewhere in the LA postal service ether waiting to greet me... :(

callbacks at:
fulbright
orrick --> i was told orrick is going to committee early next week to start giving out offers
manatt
dewey

a shitton of dings elsewhere, including a callback/ding from fenwick

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:00 am

GDC and Quinn, both LA, offers (t10, t10%+ and lr). Waiting on Irell and MTO. Munger is taking fooorever - anyone know how long it generally takes? I know they vote on everything.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hastings/Davis top 1/3rd

CBs: Sidley, Morgan Lewis, Baker & McKenzie, a couple regionals

Offers: Sidley this morning (only CB I've been on so far). Cancelling the rest once I have the written offer in hand.

Good luck to everyone.


Congrats!! when was your sidley cb? How was the cb and have any advice? Mine is coming up soon



Thanks. CB was on friday. Don't want to out myself, but I was not in the SF office just FYI. That being said, in terms of advice I would suggest 1 thing that has really worked well for me (given my class rank vs. performance at OCI): tell stories. Sounds kinda trivial or stupid, but I tell interesting stories at interviews. People love it. And not law stories, but actual interesting things. I talked about meeting Neil Patrick Harris in a restaurant, going on one of the Deadliest Catch boats and searching for a "hidden" restaurant for hours in NYC. They like it because interviews are boring. Make their life a bit more interesting and you will be rewarded. People are Sidley are unbelievably friendly too, so that is helpful.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Has anyone who has done a callback with Wilson sonsini sv heard back? I saw one offer in here, but there's gotta be some more info out there. Sitting a little over a week post-cb, which I thought went great, and haven't heard anything either way and can't find any other info out there on the office. Any help appreciated, even though at this point I assume ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:GDC and Quinn, both LA, offers (t10, t10%+ and lr). Waiting on Irell and MTO. Munger is taking fooorever - anyone know how long it generally takes? I know they vote on everything.



I received a Munger offer last year and in my experience, it took about 3 weeks post-callback to hear anything. Of course, my callback was on the same day that they did the employment committee meeting/firmwide voting thing, so I wasn't under consideration starting until the following week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Ding after CB at Proskauer LA

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Any movement from the Alston & Bird LA office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Offer at Kirkland (SF). right around 1 week after CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Seems CA firms will make offers first for T14 schools.... which is good in case some of us in lower ranked schools are just getting silence.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:21 pm

UCLA/USC, top 10%, LR.

CBs at: Skadden (LA), Sullcrom (LA), Simpson (LA), Kirkland (LA), GDC (OC), Latham (OC), Paul Hastings (OC), O'Melveny (OC).
Offers at all but Kirkland & Skadden (cancelled CBs)

Good luck to everyone else on here!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:00 pm

whoops wrong thread.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Has anyone heard anything from Goodwin LA? Know how long offers usually take after cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273138
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, offers, dings - CA thread!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hastings/Davis top 1/3rd

CBs: Sidley, Morgan Lewis, Baker & McKenzie, a couple regionals

Offers: Sidley this morning (only CB I've been on so far). Cancelling the rest once I have the written offer in hand.

Good luck to everyone.


Congrats on Sidley! That's huge.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.