San Diego CB Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CBs/offers/dings from Covington SD?


Over a month and a half since my screener. Silence. That means they like me right?

jchu223
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby jchu223 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:40 pm

I had a callback with Sheppard at the end of August...and it's been silence since. Losing losing losing hope. Have all four of their offers been accepted already?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:50 am

jchu223 wrote:I had a callback with Sheppard at the end of August...and it's been silence since. Losing losing losing hope. Have all four of their offers been accepted already?


at least one has.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:53 pm

jones day?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:53 pm

TT CA, major ties, top 10%.

Just the SD offices I have kept track of:
Ballard Spahr: No SA in 2012
Cooley: Mass mail silence
DLA: Mass mail silence from SD, but dings from other CA offices
KL Gates: mass mail ding
Latham: mass mailding
Luce: mass mail silence
MoFo: ding 8/10
Paul Hastings: mass mail silence
Troutman: screener, waiting on CB
COvington: mass mail silence
Fish: mass mail ding
Foley:not making decisions yet
Goodwin: silence
GUnderson: mass mail ding
Jones Day: ding
Perkins Coie: silence, but ding from LA office
Pillsbury: mass mail ding
SMRH Del Mar: mass mail ding
SMRH downtown: No SA in 2012
Mintz Levin: mass mail ding
Murchison: ding, applied 8/4 (too late)
Gilbert Kelly: silence
Haight Brown: silence
Sessions Fishman: silence
Musick Peeler: silence
Marks Finch Thornton: silence
Robbins Umeda: silence
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any update from these 4 CBs?


Nope. I accepted SMR&H SD.


You're working in the patent group?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any update from these 4 CBs?


Nope. I accepted SMR&H SD.


You're working in the patent group?


yup. why did you interview w/them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any update from these 4 CBs?


Nope. I accepted SMR&H SD.


You're working in the patent group?


yup. why did you interview w/them?


yeah i did. i know they were looking to take two patent and two transactional. do you know if they filled both transactional spots yet?? sheppard is one of my top choices, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. i interviewed with them more than a month ago =/

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:yeah i did. i know they were looking to take two patent and two transactional. do you know if they filled both transactional spots yet?? sheppard is one of my top choices, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. i interviewed with them more than a month ago =/


i haven't heard anything about the other 3 spots. do you have another offer on the table? could ping them and let them know.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:yeah i did. i know they were looking to take two patent and two transactional. do you know if they filled both transactional spots yet?? sheppard is one of my top choices, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. i interviewed with them more than a month ago =/


i haven't heard anything about the other 3 spots. do you have another offer on the table? could ping them and let them know.


yeah, i sent the recruiter an email on Friday. hopefully the person they're waiting on to accept...rejects. thanks for the help!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:yeah i did. i know they were looking to take two patent and two transactional. do you know if they filled both transactional spots yet?? sheppard is one of my top choices, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. i interviewed with them more than a month ago =/


i haven't heard anything about the other 3 spots. do you have another offer on the table? could ping them and let them know.


yeah, i sent the recruiter an email on Friday. hopefully the person they're waiting on to accept...rejects. thanks for the help!


good luck

User avatar
FlanAl
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby FlanAl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:09 pm

tagging and hoping to encourage more responses. thanks to all the information so far!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Any news on Robbins Geller? I had a phone screener yesterday.

Anything to expect if I get a CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Any news in San Diego?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:49 am

CBs w/Fish, Latham, KMOB this week

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Anyone know about the kinds of litigation DLA SD does/specializes in?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:38 pm

anyone hear back from DLA SD post-CB? or know about how long the turnaround is?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:50 pm

CCN above median.

10 or so CBs at various US firms. Accepted Cooley SD over some V15 offers and strong Silicon Valley shops. Great firm, I think probably a better deal than almost any option out there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear back from DLA SD post-CB? or know about how long the turnaround is?


about 3 wks after my CB they asked me for a writing sample. rescinded my application.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Has anyone had a screener/cb with Luce Forward? If so, what was your timeline like?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone had a screener/cb with Luce Forward? If so, what was your timeline like?

Thanks in advance.


I had a screener end of August then received a rejection a few weeks later. My friend got a CB invitation around the same time I received my rejection and received an offer. (Not sure on the friend's timeline from CB to offer.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Was your screener through OCI? Did your friend accept the offer?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Was your screener through OCI? Did your friend accept the offer?

Thanks in advance.


Yes through OCI. Haven't asked friend recently, but I believe he/she is waiting to hear from a couple other firms before making a decision.

User avatar
shepdawg
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby shepdawg » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Troutman has contacted people to do CB's

Anonymous User
Posts: 273266
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: San Diego CB Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any news on Robbins Geller? I had a phone screener yesterday.

Anything to expect if I get a CB?

Had a CB there in early August. Really nice offices, and the people seemed generally happy. I had to withdraw though cause they weren't making decisions until maybe last week or so and I had a deadline. The downside is that they don't usually intend to hire most of their summers, the partner told me that they sometimes no-offer everyone, sometimes one or two, it all depends on their needs. He also said straight up if you have an offer at a defense firm that almost guarantees an offer you should probably take it in the long run.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.