MoFo callbacks/offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: MoFo callbacks/offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:19 pm

I did a callback with MoFo-SF. I'm going to go out here and say this: the partners who interviewed me were major dicks. They were obnoxious, rude, and basically the worst of my callbacks (I had 20 when I interviewed w/ firms).

If you're interested in IP lit, I'd probably go to 5 firms above MoFo.

Anonymous User

Re: MoFo callbacks/offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I turned down MoFo for another firm because all the interviewers seemed slightly rude/arrogant and a little jaded about the work they do. In one interview I mentioned I can handle a high workload and high pressure (e.g. school part time, full time engineer, helping out a start-up and I'm volunteering with a small practice all at the same time this year), and the interviewer replied that "that's nothing". I do respect that they're getting all the big cases in IP litigation right now, but I'd be interested to find out more about the culture if someone has inside knowledge.

I had a similar experience with them in general. To be fair though, some of my interviewers, whether senior partners or associates, were very cool. But I would've had to work with everyone as an SA, most closely with my worst interviewers.

Return to “Legal Employment”