Offer visits Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Offer visits

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:04 am

Experience with offer visits? What are they like? Does the firm pay? Can I split them with other firms? Do you have to wear a suit?

irie

Bronze

Re: Offer visits

Post by irie » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:Experience with offer visits? What are they like? Does the firm pay? Can I split them with other firms? Do you have to wear a suit?
I live in NY so I can't answer your question about paying or reimbursements--but from my experience (pre-law school) recruiting at banks and consulting firms, they will almost always cover your expenses, so I can't imagine that a major law firm would not. Basically, it'll be like a callback round but much less stressful. You are literally interviewing them--so go in with questions you actually want answered (unlike CBs when you were still being strategic with your questioning). You'll probably be able to choose a few practice areas and whom you want to meet with, speak to 3-4 attorneys, and they'll take you to lunch, etc.

If you are visiting other firms as well you should absolutely split the costs. And yes, wear suit and tie.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”