Ever Gotten An Interview w/o Having Your Grades Looked At?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Ever Gotten An Interview w/o Having Your Grades Looked At?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:36 pm

For example, did you not have any grades on your resume because they were dismal but were still able to secure an interview for a firm?

Anonymous User

Re: Ever Gotten An Interview w/o Having Your Grades Looked At?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:For example, did you not have any grades on your resume because they were dismal but were still able to secure an interview for a firm?

This worked for me, I have poor grades and chose not to put them on my resume. I only bid on firms that were in the market that I had strong ties with, and wrote my cover letter focusing on that city. I received two interviews with firms that I had no business receiving given my grades, and actually received call backs to both firms. My grades were never mentioned in either interview; it was almost like I made them a non-issue by ignoring them. I have no idea what to expect at the call backs, I am actually pretty terrified about getting grilled on my grades, but the fact that I actually got to the call back stage given my grades is a testament that my strategy was at least somewhat successful.

Return to “Legal Employment”