Sullivan and Cromwell Callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Sullivan and Cromwell Callback

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Have a callback coming up. The callbacks I've done already at firms with much lower callback to offer ratios felt like more interrogatory interviews a la EIP/OCI. Should I expect something more pleasant and relaxed at SullCrom given the fact that it seems like they have already decided to give an offer unless I'm a freakshow?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:07 pm

on the spot offer following callback (edited: NYC), good luck to others
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:on the spot offer following callback, good luck to others

NY or DC? Anyone with any experience with a DC callback here?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:on the spot offer following callback (edited: NYC), good luck to others

Why is my interview on Friday!!! I wish it was today so I could cancel everything else!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Callback was pleasant. Attorneys didn't seem to be trying to sell hard. They were laid back.

I had a fantastic lunch with some awesome associates. SullCrom wasn't even on my top choice list, but after today I actually might take the offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:31 pm

After my offer, one of the partners I spoke to called me up and asked when I wanted to go to dinner. Absolutely amazing. This place really does have me sold.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:36 pm

wait so afternoons lead to dinners?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:After my offer, one of the partners I spoke to called me up and asked when I wanted to go to dinner. Absolutely amazing. This place really does have me sold.

:lol:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:wait so afternoons lead to dinners?

Oh sorry I was unclear. I had a morning one and had an awesome lunch with really social associates.

After lunch I was on my way home and the partner that I really clicked with called me up to set up a dinner later this week, along with an associate he says I'd like.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:50 pm

SullCrom wasn't even on my top choice list, but after today I actually might take the offer.

This is a bad idea (anonymous because I happen to know from personal experience).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
SullCrom wasn't even on my top choice list, but after today I actually might take the offer.

This is a bad idea (anonymous because I happen to know from personal experience).

Hmm can you elaborate? I'm very open to hearing other experiences as I make up my mind.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Hmm can you elaborate? I'm very open to hearing other experiences as I make up my mind.

I'm very curious as well. I've heard about the lawsuits of several years ago, but everyone I've met from the firm was pretty cool. Clearly they're trying to sell it, but why would it be a bad idea to go to S&C? Also interested in exit options to California...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:27 am

Bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Not sure why its a bad idea. Among the top few firms for corporate work. Almost all attorneys are pleasant, the work is interesting, and there is really no emphasis on forced socialization. The firm is conservative but that makes for a nice working environment imo. Some people are intense but not sure there are that many soft spoken M&A lawyers at any firm. You are just expected to be competent and not turn in poor work, which seems fair. Was a SA in the past at the firm.

Return to “Legal Employment”