rescheduling callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

rescheduling callback

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:37 pm

got a callback same time as a career fair i wanted to attend out of town. the firm just sent me the date and asked if it worked and i said yes not realizing. i have a feeling they are doing them all on the same day (smaller firm). is it okay to ask them to reschedule b/c i want to attend the career fair?

Anonymous User

Re: rescheduling callback

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:15 pm

bumpppp

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:got a callback same time as a career fair i wanted to attend out of town. the firm just sent me the date and asked if it worked and i said yes not realizing. i have a feeling they are doing them all on the same day (smaller firm). is it okay to ask them to reschedule b/c i want to attend the career fair?

Honestly, no. A friend of mine did similarly, scheduling a callback for a career fair day. If you're going to reschedule, you should have a valid reason, and "interviewing/meeting with other places" doesn't quite fit the bill. You likely need to pick between the fair and the callback.

Also, for everyone else, this is why you only schedule callbacks when you have an up-to-date calendar at your disposal. They take precedence, and you don't want to otherwise screw-up fairs/interviews/informational meetings you've scheduled.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Callback > Fair

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 pm

I rescheduled a callback because I found out a screening interview could only be done in the morning. I knew I would probably get this screening interview, planned on picking an afternoon time (callback was in AM), and then was told screening firm would only be on campus in the morning.

I said I had a sudden conflict and switched. Be apologetic and stress that you want to do the callback as soon as possible/available. You don't need to give them a reason. By the way, this is advice from my career office because the conflict was out of my control and they were trying to help me make it work because it was important to me to get both interviews.

nealric

Postby nealric » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:43 am

To be quite frank, you may annoy the recruiting people, but the hiring partner and the interviewers probably won't even know you rescheduled if you give them enough notice.

I actually rescheduled the callback for the firm I worked for now. Obviously, it worked out.

Return to “Legal Employment”