CB Interviewers asking where else you're interviewing?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB Interviewers asking where else you're interviewing?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:26 pm

I have gone on two CBs and every single interviewer is asking me which other firms I am interviewing at. I am only listing a few firms (namely ones that are similar to theirs), but is this the right thing to do? I don't want them to think I am not interested in their firm.

Anonymous User

Re: CB Interviewers asking where else you're interviewing?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have gone on two CBs and every single interviewer is asking me which other firms I am interviewing at. I am only listing a few firms (namely ones that are similar to theirs), but is this the right thing to do? I don't want them to think I am not interested in their firm.

I list other firms as a way of showing interest in the geographic region (for the secondary market interviews I do)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Related question: What would be the best way to respond to this in the case that you don't have any other CB interviews?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Related question: What would be the best way to respond to this in the case that you don't have any other CB interviews?

Just twist the words. They ask you which firms you are interviewing with, and you respond by saying you are very interested in firms in the X market. That way, you show your interest in the market while also subtly asking your interviewer to respect your privacy regarding the specific firms you are visiting.

Return to “Legal Employment”