Is Quinn a Sweatshop?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Is Quinn a Sweatshop?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:38 am

Quinn has been one of my top choices for a long time. I guess I just buy into their marketing, and I had a great time meeting their people. That said, talking with people at OTHER law firms with whom I'm interviewing, when I bring them up people give me a knowing look and say, "I've heard they're ... very aggressive." "Intense" is also often used.

I was okay with this - I'm both aggresive and intense - until looking at the comments in this ATL post:

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/12/associat ... s#comments

So Quinn gave out these bonuses that included scales for people billing 3000+ hours. People really do that? Are the hours that much higher at Quinn? I like the sound of Quinn, but don't want to work THAT much more than peer firms, especially when I could get paid more at, like, Irell or Boies.

Does this reputation refer to all offices, or just the NY office? I'm interested in the CA offices.

note: I realize there's another thread titled "Quinn Emanuel" on this page, but it's on a completely different topic.

SleekFire

Re: Is Quinn a Sweatshop?

Postby SleekFire » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Quinn has been one of my top choices for a long time. I guess I just buy into their marketing, and I had a great time meeting their people. That said, talking with people at OTHER law firms with whom I'm interviewing, when I bring them up people give me a knowing look and say, "I've heard they're ... very aggressive." "Intense" is also often used.

I was okay with this - I'm both aggresive and intense - until looking at the comments in this ATL post:

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/12/associat ... s#comments

So Quinn gave out these bonuses that included scales for people billing 3000+ hours. People really do that? Are the hours that much higher at Quinn? I like the sound of Quinn, but don't want to work THAT much more than peer firms, especially when I could get paid more at, like, Irell or Boies.

Does this reputation refer to all offices, or just the NY office? I'm interested in the CA offices.

note: I realize there's another thread titled "Quinn Emanuel" on this page, but it's on a completely different topic.

PM me.

Return to “Legal Employment”