Switching cities?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Switching cities?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 am

Wrapped up SA at NYC V5 a few weeks ago, but I've been wondering what my options are if I decide I'd like to switch cities. Though I have no ties to LA, I may or may not prefer to move out there after graduation due to personal reasons. My firm has an office out there. I'd also like to clerk, and my apps include pretty much all the judges in C.D. Cal.

Anyone have any experience with this? I imagine that if I can land a C.D. Cal. clerkship, then moving to an LA firm shouldn't be too difficult. But what if that doesn't pan out? Feasible to switch offices within the firm?

Anonymous User

Re: Switching cities?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:44 pm

bump, id like to hear about this too, more going to a firm's dc office. anyone know of firms that are cooler about this than others? i got the sense that latham is pretty good about it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Have you ever lived in LA? It's not as glamorous as it seems. Orange County and San Diego, on the other hand, are both very wonderful places.

I'm guessing you're at Skadden or SullCrom though, and I think they only have offices in LA. Enjoy the 40+ minute commute.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:40 pm

OP here. Bingo. If I successfully relocated, I'd probably like to live in the OC. But no one's addressed the original question as to feasibility...

Return to “Legal Employment”