Invitation for Telephone Call?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Invitation for Telephone Call?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:55 pm

A large firm on the opposite coast today sent me an email saying they liked meeting me on campus and that one of their practice groups is very interested in my background. Then they told me that they want to arrange a phone call with one of the partners. I wasn't invited to visit for a callback in person. What's the deal with this? Does it mean they are on the fence about me?

Re: Invitation for Telephone Call?

Postby TooOld4This » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Likely, but for this particular experience, you would be a ding. You have something on your resume that has made a partner interested. The partner wants to talk to you to see if you have the type of experience they are looking for. If, based on the phone interview, the fit is good, you will probably get a more traditional callback, or at least an in person callback to meet with this practice group.

Good luck.

Return to “Legal Employment”