Boies Schiller v. Quinn Emanuel (Life Quality & People)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Where are the people better? And who has better quality of life?

Boies has better both
45%
Quinn has better both
25%
Boies is worse for both
5%
Quinn is worse for both
15%
Boies has better people but worse QOL
5%
Quinn has better people but worse QOL
No votes
Boies has worse people but better QOL
5%
Quinn has worse people but better QOL
No votes

Total votes: 20

Anonymous User

Re: Boies Schiller v. Quinn Emanuel (Life Quality & People)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm bummed this thread tanked because of the crappily-worded poll. Would have wanted anyone's take who felt they had something to say, particularly regarding their respective Bay Area offices (Quinn SF and Boies Oakland to be specific).

Even if the poll had been well-written and concise, we probably would not have learned much. I doubt there are many posters on TLS who have worked at both Quinn and Boies. Beyond that, you're just going to get anecdotes from partisans of both firms.

They're both excellent litigation firms with a reputation for working their associates hard. Boies pays a little more. If you can't make up your mind based on that, then go to your callbacks, talk to the firms' lawyers, and go with what seems like a better fit.

Anonymous User

Re: Boies Schiller v. Quinn Emanuel (Life Quality & People)

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm bummed this thread tanked because of the crappily-worded poll. Would have wanted anyone's take who felt they had something to say, particularly regarding their respective Bay Area offices (Quinn SF and Boies Oakland to be specific).

Even if the poll had been well-written and concise, we probably would not have learned much. I doubt there are many posters on TLS who have worked at both Quinn and Boies. Beyond that, you're just going to get anecdotes from partisans of both firms.

They're both excellent litigation firms with a reputation for working their associates hard. Boies pays a little more. If you can't make up your mind based on that, then go to your callbacks, talk to the firms' lawyers, and go with what seems like a better fit.

I think "little" is an understatement. Base salary at Boies is already ahead of Quinn + bonus. And Boies bonuses are supposed to be insane.

Return to “Legal Employment”