Callback thank yous...email or snail mail?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback thank yous...email or snail mail?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:10 am

Nice stationary and handwritten or email?

CSO advised snail mail is tossed immediately, but that it's better than email for callbacks. Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Callback thank yous...email or snail mail?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:03 am

bump

also, can anyone speak to whether it's even advisable to send thank yous? i've been told by some people that they're indispensable, but others have said they can only hurt.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 am

I am the type of person that has exclusively sent snail mail for this sort of thing in the past but I think email is the credited vehicle for callback thank you's for 3 reasons:

1) the offer process is fluid and you want to get on record quickly
2) I really believe that firms will eat it up if you email a thank you quickly because they are all about prompt diligence/follow up, etc.
3) the way biglaw mailrooms work, i dont even know if a snail mail letter would ever get there.

I cannot envision a scenario in which a thank you email could ever hurt you unless you write "It was my life's honor to interview at Pujols & Freese, LLP" when you actually interviewed at McCutcheon Hallady.

dougroberts

Postby dougroberts » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:56 am

Asked and answered: use the forum search. This has been heavily debated by past generations.

My opinion is nice snail mail stationary Thank You cards, as I feel email is less effort and therefore is not as genuine (my opinion). I hand wrote Thank you cards.

Return to “Legal Employment”