Cravath and Undergraduate Transcript

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cravath and Undergraduate Transcript

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Does anybody have any idea why they request one? Do they care about grades or course selection?

While insightful speculation is appreciated, I'd much rather hear from somebody with first hand information.

Anonymous User

Re: Cravath and Undergraduate Transcript

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody have any idea why they request one? Do they care about grades or course selection?

While insightful speculation is appreciated, I'd much rather hear from somebody with first hand information.

They care about grades.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody have any idea why they request one? Do they care about grades or course selection?

They care about grades.

which is weird since they dont put this info for associates on their website

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:21 pm

First hand, I can tell you that a good (or even tolerable) undergraduate GPA is not a necessary condition for an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:53 pm

So glad someone asked this. I'm currently digging out my UG transcript for tomorrow's interview. I can promise one thing- my UG GPA was terrrrible. I didn't mature until I was 22 or 23, so my UG GPA was in the 2's until my very last summer class when my cumulative finally hit 3.0. My LS GPA is >3.8. Really hoping my immaturity almost a decade ago won't be held against me!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:03 pm

My UG transcript: Bad GPA, just above a 3.
My law school: T14, top ~5%

No callback, despite a good interview. They either didn't like my undergrad transcript or they didn't like a lack of law review.

Take that as you will.

Return to “Legal Employment”