Phone Interviews Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kalvano

Diamond

Phone Interviews

Post by kalvano » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:37 pm

I've gotten some responses to mailings, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for phone interviews.

traehekat

Gold

Re: Phone Interviews

Post by traehekat » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:39 pm

wear a suit.

in all seriousness, probably just make sure you aren't being too loud, make more of an effort to sound exciting, make sure you have a lot of "mmhmm"'s and whatnot, maybe have a pen and paper ready in case there is anything you want to jot down since there is no worry about looking weird.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Consider making notes of talking points for answers to common questions and bullet points of what you're trying to sell about yourself, what knowledge of the firm you want to display. This is one of the biggest benefits of phone interviews, even though in-person would still be ideal.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
traehekat wrote:wear a suit.

in all seriousness, probably just make sure you aren't being too loud, make more of an effort to sound exciting, make sure you have a lot of "mmhmm"'s and whatnot, maybe have a pen and paper ready in case there is anything you want to jot down since there is no worry about looking weird.
take shot of Jack.

That's what I did. Scotch, actually. I'll let you know how it worked out here in the next week.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:43 pm

So it went pretty well. Should I follow-up with thank you emails or anything? This was a phone interview off a mass mailing and it's pretty much my dream job.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”