Philly Callback/Offer Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Pepper rejection from my callback today in the mail. Also dings from Skadden and Archer Greiner. Fuck my life, seriously.


Skadden DE? If so, was the ding via snail mail, email or phone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dear Duane Morris: email dings are just as effective. I am tired of waiting for an answer.


How long have you been waiting? It will be 6 weeks for me on Thursday, which can't be good.


about two weeks. I have another offer so not that concerned but I really felt like the cb went well so it's confusing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dear Duane Morris: email dings are just as effective. I am tired of waiting for an answer.


How long have you been waiting? It will be 6 weeks for me on Thursday, which can't be good.


about two weeks. I have another offer so not that concerned but I really felt like the cb went well so it's confusing.


any word on Morgan Lewis? how many people are they bringing in (i was told they were only looking for about 10 SAs)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone from OCI received rejections from: Skadden (DE), Archer & Greiner, Blank Rome or Stradley Ronon? Total radio silence and its going on 3 weeks for some of these spots.


I received a rejection from Blank Rome by snail mail. Radio silence as well from Skadden DE.


Updating to reflect a ding via snail mail today from Skadden DE. (I am the poster directly above with the Blank Rome ding as well).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone from OCI received rejections from: Skadden (DE), Archer & Greiner, Blank Rome or Stradley Ronon? Total radio silence and its going on 3 weeks for some of these spots.


I received a rejection from Blank Rome by snail mail. Radio silence as well from Skadden DE.


Updating to reflect a ding via snail mail today from Skadden DE. (I am the poster directly above with the Blank Rome ding as well).



When was your CB at Skadden DE?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Here to join the Archer ding club. sigh.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:40 pm

For you people with Archer callbacks, how long after your OCI interview did it take to hear back for a call back. Also, how long after your CB did it take to get offered/dinged. Thanks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For you people with Archer callbacks, how long after your OCI interview did it take to hear back for a call back. Also, how long after your CB did it take to get offered/dinged. Thanks


A little under 3 weeks. CB scheduled for this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:59 pm

more MNAT offers

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Dechert offers/post-callback dings? Wondering how long after my callback to expect an answer?


dings and offers both seem to be coming out between 1-2 weeks after CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Dechert offers/post-callback dings? Wondering how long after my callback to expect an answer?


dings and offers both seem to be coming out between 1-2 weeks after CB


dings, maybe. but i've heard of some people receiving offers a day or two after their CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Odd situation:

I am a transfer student, and was pre-selected for an interview with Saul Ewing while I was at my old school (T25 transfer to CCN). I let them know that I was transferring, and that I was still very interested. Yet they weren't responding to my emails. So a month later, which is today, I get a generic rejection ding email.

Its a bit ironic hearing them say "despite your impressive credentials, we are unable to consider you for an interview". They were very much able, and they pre-selected me at my T25, so I'm not sure how transferring to a CCN (and moving much closer to Philly) could make them change their mind. lol whatever.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:11 pm

What stats does Dechert seem to be looking for? 3.5+, T14?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Dechert offers/post-callback dings? Wondering how long after my callback to expect an answer?


dings and offers both seem to be coming out between 1-2 weeks after CB


dings, maybe. but i've heard of some people receiving offers a day or two after their CB.


Okay, this is possible. I know two people w/ offers who got them about a week and a half after their interviews though. It may be a function of the day of the week the hiring committee meets, not sure.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:16 pm

edit: sorry, double post.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What stats does Dechert seem to be looking for? 3.5+, T14?


I was 3.5+ (around the top 30% mark) at a DNC, got a callback and dinged.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What stats does Dechert seem to be looking for? 3.5+, T14?


I was 3.5+ (around the top 30% mark) at a DNC, got a callback and dinged.


Really?? Philly ties?

omohecce
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby omohecce » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What stats does Dechert seem to be looking for? 3.5+, T14?


I was 3.5+ (around the top 30% mark) at a DNC, got a callback and dinged.


Really?? Philly ties?


born, raised, big-5 UG school

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 pm

anybody's who has done a dechert CB, did you need to bring a writing sample or references? i don't see any mention to bring them in my confirmation email, but i don't want to seem unprepared if they will ask for them anyway.

whywhywhy
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby whywhywhy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:14 pm

No, but can't hurt.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:19 pm

omohecce wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What stats does Dechert seem to be looking for? 3.5+, T14?


I was 3.5+ (around the top 30% mark) at a DNC, got a callback and dinged.


Really?? Philly ties?


born, raised, big-5 UG school


Was the CB no good?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anybody's who has done a dechert CB, did you need to bring a writing sample or references? i don't see any mention to bring them in my confirmation email, but i don't want to seem unprepared if they will ask for them anyway.


No. I took them to be safe, but nobody asked.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For you people with Archer callbacks, how long after your OCI interview did it take to hear back for a call back. Also, how long after your CB did it take to get offered/dinged. Thanks



Archer got back to me about a week after OCI. I know they got back to all of the other people at my school at about the same time because I watched them get up from the library to answer their phone.

Has anyone with an Archer CB heard anything about offers or post-CB rejections? I know they're only in their second week of callbacks but I'm curious.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Archer got back to me about a week after OCI. I know they got back to all of the other people at my school at about the same time because I watched them get up from the library to answer their phone.

Has anyone with an Archer CB heard anything about offers or post-CB rejections? I know they're only in their second week of callbacks but I'm curious.



Was told the process would take a few more weeks. Also told there are 6 spots, 3 of which are already spoken for :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly Callback/Offer Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Just out of curiosity, what are the most "prestigious" philly firms?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.