Post-CB question...please advise...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Post-CB question...please advise...

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:00 pm

I went on a callback to a v50 firm over a week ago. I thought it went really well, and was told by someone there that decisions can take up to 2 weeks. I later found out that they made offers really soon after CBs, as well as dinged some others. I have not heard back, and though I have a bunch of other CBs and an offer, I really want this firm. I was wondering if I should contact either the recruiting coordinator or one of the young associates that interviewed me and let them know that though I havent heard back yet, I am still interested in this firm over all the others for X, Y, and Z reasons, and even though I have other options this firm is still the top of my list.

I know conventional knowledge says to wait until the 2 week mark to contact the firm at all. But, I get the feeling that if they havent yet said yes, they might just ding me at the two week mark since its so early in the process. I feel like if I can let them know how genuinely interested I am, that would give them more reason to extend me an offer over the next person who might not accept it.

Thoughts?

Sup Kid
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Post-CB question...please advise...

Postby Sup Kid » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I went on a callback to a v50 firm over a week ago. I thought it went really well, and was told by someone there that decisions can take up to 2 weeks. I later found out that they made offers really soon after CBs, as well as dinged some others. I have not heard back, and though I have a bunch of other CBs and an offer, I really want this firm. I was wondering if I should contact either the recruiting coordinator or one of the young associates that interviewed me and let them know that though I havent heard back yet, I am still interested in this firm over all the others for X, Y, and Z reasons, and even though I have other options this firm is still the top of my list.

I know conventional knowledge says to wait until the 2 week mark to contact the firm at all. But, I get the feeling that if they havent yet said yes, they might just ding me at the two week mark since its so early in the process. I feel like if I can let them know how genuinely interested I am, that would give them more reason to extend me an offer over the next person who might not accept it.

Thoughts?

If your offer is at a comparable firm, and you didn't tell them yet that you have it, you can call the recruiter to say "I have an offer deadline on ____ and just wanted you to be aware of it, since I would love to have all my options available before making a decision." Don't call until the 2 week mark otherwise.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.