SLS Results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:31 pm

Cooley Palo Alto callback

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Mayer cb by phone today

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Cooley Palo Alto callback


Interviewer initials?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Cooley Palo Alto callback


Interviewer initials?


JK

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Mayer cb by phone today


City and interviewer initials?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:Quinn NYC call back extended via phone on 8/24
Gibson Dunn DC call back extended via phone on 8/24
Arnold & Porter SF call back extended via phone on 8/25
Debevoise call back extended via phone and email on 8/29


New Info:

Goodwin Proctor Boston callback extended via phone 8/29
Goodwin Proctor SF callback extended via phone 8/29
Paul Weiss callback extended via phone and email 8/29
Sidley Austin SF callback extended via phone 8/31

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 am

Wachtell CB earlier today. Incredibly surprised.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am

Has anyone heard from Covington DC yet? Interviews were a week ago, and I know they said they wouldn't start calling back til this week, but it's Thursday now....

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Covington DC yet? Interviews were a week ago, and I know they said they wouldn't start calling back til this week, but it's Thursday now....


Rumor was that their hiring committee, which meets even to talk about callback offers, meets today. They should get back to folks tonight or tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:30 pm

MoFo CB via call just a couple of minutes ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:MoFo CB via call just a couple of minutes ago.


have both SF interviewers done callbacks, or just one?

also, has anyone heard from keker?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:MoFo CB via call just a couple of minutes ago.


have both SF interviewers done callbacks, or just one?

also, has anyone heard from keker?


Also waiting on Keker...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:MoFo CB via call just a couple of minutes ago.


have both SF interviewers done callbacks, or just one?

also, has anyone heard from keker?


Also waiting on Keker...

Heard about a Keker ding email, but haven't heard any positive news.

Any Covington SF movement? And which MoFo office/interviewer?

Also, Orrick SF phone ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Heard about a Keker ding email, but haven't heard any positive news.

Any Covington SF movement? And which MoFo office/interviewer?

Also, Orrick SF phone ding.


Haven't seen movement from Covington SF or DC yet, though there's a check in the book for Covington SF.

MoFo was SF, interviewer AEW.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:MoFo CB via call just a couple of minutes ago.


have both SF interviewers done callbacks, or just one?

also, has anyone heard from keker?


Also waiting on Keker...

Heard about a Keker ding email, but haven't heard any positive news.

Any Covington SF movement? And which MoFo office/interviewer?

Also, Orrick SF phone ding.


i know that the woman mofo SF interviewer has made calls. don't know about the man.

covington sf has a few marks in the callback book, so i'm assuming that ship has sailed, unfortunately. i also know that they called references a couple days after the screeners.

good luck to everyone, and lets keep the info flowing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:52 pm

What about Sidley DC? I know Sidley SF had some movement, as did Sidley NYC via resume collect, but has anyone heard about Sidley DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What about Sidley DC? I know Sidley SF had some movement, as did Sidley NYC via resume collect, but has anyone heard about Sidley DC?


Sidley DC told me the committee wasn't meeting until Friday, and that I wouldn't hear until then or Monday at the earliest.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:59 pm

MoFo DC

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What about Sidley DC? I know Sidley SF had some movement, as did Sidley NYC via resume collect, but has anyone heard about Sidley DC?


Sidley DC told me the committee wasn't meeting until Friday, and that I wouldn't hear until then or Monday at the earliest.


Does the committee have to meet to ding someone, though? Do you think them telling you that is a sign of offer? Just something I've been wondering about...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Covington SF by phone this afternoon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Skadden snail mail ding
Goodwin email ding
Jones Day email ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Cleary NY callback tonight!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What about Sidley DC? I know Sidley SF had some movement, as did Sidley NYC via resume collect, but has anyone heard about Sidley DC?


Sidley DC told me the committee wasn't meeting until Friday, and that I wouldn't hear until then or Monday at the earliest.


Does the committee have to meet to ding someone, though? Do you think them telling you that is a sign of offer? Just something I've been wondering about...


I'm the person two above. Sidley DC apparently didn't wait until Friday. CB just know via phone call.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:MoFo DC


Interviewer initials?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273425
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SLS Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:56 pm

WilmerHale PA callback this evening.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.