When the screener says to expect a call Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

When the screener says to expect a call, should you expect a CB?

Yes
21%
No
32%
Who knows
47%

Total votes: 19

Anonymous User

When the screener says to expect a call

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Is this usually the interviewer just telling you that for no reason? I only ask because I have read about it on here numerous times and had several screening interviewers tell me to expect a call after the hiring committee meets and also said a time frame to expect the call (not yet passed-but I know others with CBs from the same firm).

For anyone with experience: Is this normal for them to say at the end of interviews with everyone? Or do these usually turn into CBs?

Anonymous User

Re: When the screener says to expect a call

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:17 pm

I had a hiring partner literally wink at me and tell me I would hear from them very soon while shaking my hand at the end of a screening interview. 2 weeks letter I got a ding in the mail.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Unfortunately, it's hard to tell either way. I've had one's go "good luck in your career" that was a callback and ones go "you'll hear from me very soon" that was a ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:23 pm

What about if an interviewer tells you at the very end of the interview, "I have some advice for you. Any callbacks you get, take them immediately' because most firms operate on a rolling basis." personally I think it could go either way...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What about if an interviewer tells you at the very end of the interview, "I have some advice for you. Any callbacks you get, take them immediately' because most firms operate on a rolling basis." personally I think it could go either way...
Op here: Mine literally said the hiring committee meets on X and I'll call you then or within two days. The interview went very well also, but I know of others with CBs for the firm. However, none interviewed with my interviewer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Kind of similar, I had an interviewer say multiple times "we'll talk very soon" towards the end of the interview... no cb yet when others have gone out, who knows, but i wish they wouldn't lead you on or get your hopes up haha

edit: i think the interviewer can easily ding you, but they don't necessarily have the power to give you a cb if you don't meet the firm criteria, that may be where some of the discrepancy comes in

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a hiring partner literally wink at me and tell me I would hear from them very soon while shaking my hand at the end of a screening interview. 2 weeks letter I got a ding in the mail.
I am past you, but in week 1 of that 2 week window

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”