Cravath v SullCrom Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Cravath v SullCrom

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Bumping this back up. I'm interested in white collar work and my choice is really between sullcrom and csm. It's tough though given the anecdotes I've heard, both personally and on boards like this about the morale issues at Sullcrom. I'm also really interested in developing those core litigation competencies. Does Cravath have a leg up on Sullcrom associates in doing more earlier?

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:22 pm

It's hard to say at Cravath because of the rotation lottery. If your first rotation is with someone who pushes hard for associate involvement and is an active mentor, you will be far better off at Cravath. On the other hand, if your partner couldn't care less about young associate professional development, you have a better chance to go seek out someone at SullCrom.

Pick your poison.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this back up. I'm interested in white collar work and my choice is really between sullcrom and csm. It's tough though given the anecdotes I've heard, both personally and on boards like this about the morale issues at Sullcrom. I'm also really interested in developing those core litigation competencies. Does Cravath have a leg up on Sullcrom associates in doing more earlier?
Honest question--what about morale issues at Cravath?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this back up. I'm interested in white collar work and my choice is really between sullcrom and csm. It's tough though given the anecdotes I've heard, both personally and on boards like this about the morale issues at Sullcrom. I'm also really interested in developing those core litigation competencies. Does Cravath have a leg up on Sullcrom associates in doing more earlier?
Honest question--what about morale issues at Cravath?
I hear they have some morale issues at Cornell too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 am

if you know you want white collar, it's virtually a no-brainer in favor of S&C. Same goes for securities lit. But if you just have a generalized interest in litigation, it's a closer call and probably cuts in favor of Cravath. Anecdotally, the Cravath rotation system does sometimes result in associates doing more earlier, but it's a roll of the dice and I've heard of it backfiring.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”