UG Transcripts

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

UG Transcripts

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:14 am

Have CB with a firm I love; my school is fine, grades are good, first-year job, unique background and skillset, so I should be reasonably competitive for the position. I had the CB, seemed to go ok, but the recruiter requested (and I complied) that I bring them my UG transcripts. My UG grades are less than stellar. I merely had to hand them over; we didn't browse them or discuss them.

Will this ding me or not? I am genuinely worried about this because otherwise everything seems to be in place. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: UG Transcripts

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:50 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:00 pm

How bad are we talking? Less than a 3.0 could be an issue, but other than that, I wouldn't worry. I was dinged by one of the few firms that requests UG transcripts. I had grades well over their average, had a seemingly excellent interview, and a great UG transcript (PBK, summa, etc). I don't think it really matters, just one more small thing for them to consider. They'll be looking for fit more than anything.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:04 pm

We're talking about a 3.3 avg here... a particularly bad sophomore year....

I am just worrying about this callback because I had such a great time at the firm.

Return to “Legal Employment”